For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
bwarloe's profile

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

Wednesday, April 8th, 2015 4:29 PM

Galaxy S5 Active Lollipop Update?

Did the S5 Active get Lollipop today?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

I actually emailed at&T help because my home button is so bad with pulling up Google now and they are trying to tell me it could be my home button. I have pretty good technical knowledge and I'm done arguing with them. They just don't listen. I should just get a new phone. I told them tons of other users are having this issue. I'm fine with waiting for lollipop but my phone is acting so crazy ever since 4.4.4 that's why im tired of waiting

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hello! @bwarloe Thanks for posting your questions about the Lollipop update for the Samsung Galaxy S5 Active.

Please rest assured we are working diligently to make that software available as soon as possible. In the meantime we invite you to visit us at www.att.com/esupport/softwareUpdates.jsp for the most up to date software information for all our phones.

Thanks!

Charise

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

9 years ago

Hi Charise.

Thanks for reaching out to me. However the link you sent me goes to an update we received back in August, 2014 for 4.4.2. The most recent update was Feb 9 (I believe) with version 4.4.4. So I'll take the update site with a grain of salt.

Yours truly,
B Warloe.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Yeah that was the same link someone sent a couple replies back. Too bad At&t doesn't seem to be taking the same diligence with this upgrade like they did with the regular gs5. If you want an up to date update page for this phone you can go here: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/faq/FAQ00061471/90115/

That's from the samsung site.

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

9 years ago

Downloading now...

Teacher

• 

28 Messages

9 years ago

Same here - downloading.

Teacher

• 

28 Messages

9 years ago

Finally! My ATT S5 Active is now updated to Android 5.0!

P.S.  Had to manually reboot it one more time for some Google Play Service update that wouldn't update. Google Play Service works now.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Running lollipop at last! Feels smoother than 4.4.4 and until now, no issues that I can see. Let's see how long till the next outdated update.

Teacher

• 

28 Messages

9 years ago

So far, running nice! It'll take a little getting used to with the new visuals, but nice. Feels like a new phone. I agree, very smooth, very little hesitation, if any. 

I think I'm good with 5.0. I won't complain about future updates - all just a bonus now.

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

9 years ago

I agree it seems to run quite well. The increase in benchmark scores is definitively a nice surprise as well.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.