Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4
kbmcknz's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thu, Apr 30, 2015 11:04 AM

Galaxy S4/Lollipop - Clock alarms broken

My favorite Samsung S4 feature was the Briefing Mode for the Alarm in the clock app. It has options to speak the time, calendar appointments and news highlights. I've used it for years and it has survived several Android updates.  After receiving the AT&T update to Lollipop it read the alarm name but did not read the appointments or news highlight. When I go into Clock app I can access and use all tabs. I can create a new alarm, however Briefing is not available for a new alarm and I cannot access the existing alarms which use Briefing mode to change them. It willl say "Unfortunately, Clock has stopped" with an OK option only.

😞

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

7 y مضت

Hi there @kbmcknz

I’d be happy to help with your Clock app on your Samsung Galaxy S4! We should work to resolve this app crashing issue. What I would recommend is booting the device into Safe Mode to determine if an app or added service is causing this. To do so:

• With the phone completely off, hold the Power button until the Samsung Galaxy S4 logo appears, then release
  • With the logo still showing, hold the Volume Down button
  • Keep holding until you see “Safe Mode” in the lower left corner of the screen

We can now test the device to determine if the issue remains.  If no issue is present, we can then be fairly sure that a software conflict/corrupted data is causing the issue and should then backup the device and perform a factory reset.

To exit Safe Mode, simply power the device off and back on.

I hope this helps!

Charise

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 y مضت

I used the Clock app every day since I had my Galaxy 4S. I liked hearing my daily schedule. After lastest update it stopped working. With help from technical support I wiped the cache and now all features are gone. No more briefing, or talking, just a basic alarm clock. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 y مضت

hi, 

I have the exact same problem...

yesterday I upgrade Android, and the alarm briefing is lost...

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

23.4K Messages

7 y مضت

its not broke samsung removed the feature.

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.