The Samsung Galaxy S24
mratican's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, December 10th, 2014 2:32 PM

Galaxy S4 Active Volume intermittent/reset

I've been having an issue with my galaxy s4 active running 4.4.2 - ongoing for about 3 months. Volume for the device (ringtones, notifications, everything) shuts down - volume level (master and sub menus) all show up all the way, but no volume. 

When trying to resolve, the volume control itself is unresponsive - I will push up and down, there will be a delay of several seconds...then the volume with adjust...after several adjustments the device has shut down and rebooted on it's own. Usually I will have to reboot the device 2-3 times to get the volume back, but it usually goes right back to this issue shortly after the reboot.

I have tried removing the battery...nothing.

1 month ago I contacted at&t - the usual nonsense. The first thing is always "Mr. Customer, please be inconvenienced by tearing your phone apart and removing the battery" even though I had been clear that I'd already done that...which of course is followed by the at&t standard..."Mr. Customer, that's not an at&t issues - it's a samsung issue.

I did the chat with samsung...same nonsense...and as usual, their "resolution" is to reset to factory.

I have reset this device to factory twice, most recently at the local at&t store. That was about a month ago...and no problems until yesterday. Now the volume issue is returning.

I would think there are others out there having this issue? Is this a processor/chip issue? It seems like the device itself is having an issue.

Ambassador

• 

518 Messages

9 years ago

mratican,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Since you have tried a factory reset of the device we would suggest a re-flash of the device. This would be a complete wipe and re-install of the OS; it can be done at your local AT&T store or a Best Buy Samsung Experience Shop.

Thank you,

Samsung Support ^Kov

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I may try this - but it's not a solution. It is absolutely ridiculous that I have had to completely reset this 3 times thus far. Since my post, the issue has again started after a reset less than a month ago. Simply put, the "device" is unstable and has been since the "update" in August.

I am tired of the games with Samsung products. I previous owned the Epic 4G Touch, Galaxy 2S with Sprint - and had issues with it as well. This is my second and LAST Samsung wireless device. 

ps...I purchased 4 of these because I have 4 lines...so you can multiply this loss x4 because I won't replace the other 4 devices with more Samsung products.

So in the last year, Samsung has managed to alienate me from wireless products, and prior to that my 3 year old Samsung LCD flatscreen died (transformer)..so I guess I"m pretty much done with your products. Vizio thanks you for that.

Not sure who will end up with my business to replace my wireless Samsung devices, but they thank you in advance.

MR

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.