The Samsung Galaxy S24
Antroks's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, November 27th, 2018 6:50 PM

Galaxy Note 9 Updates

Hello, all...

I have the baseband version N960USQU1ARG9 and security patch of July 1st.

I have checked with smart switch and through the settings and I have no updates available,

Any help?

Thanks. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

Don't hold your breath, if you haven't received any updates since July 2018 by At&t, you never will, I am experiencing the same issue with my note 9 from At&t, I contacted them about 5 times so far, and they keep telling me that At&t is going to send me the latest update within 24 hours to 48 hours and nothing, they told me that 5 times already, don't know what to do at this point, give up I guess

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

I have the same problem with my note 9, I am stuck on the July 2018 android software, At&t has been no help whatsoever, sim card is fine and working, tried doing a factory reset on the phone and nothing, still keep getting the software is up to date message when I check for updates, Don't know what to do at this point, but give up

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

I purchased mine in November so I think it has it already

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

I got tired of waiting and installed Pie from firmware.science. Worked like a charm.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Same issue ..no resolution yet

Teacher

• 

35 Messages

5 years ago

Same issue... i've spoken with AT&T 3 times so far and Samsung 1... still waiting... come on AT&T 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

Check out firmware.science. 

Teacher

• 

35 Messages

5 years ago

What is Firmware Science?  is is safe for non routed phones... I've never gone outside of the carrier with Android

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

@miccal wrote:

What is Firmware Science?  is is safe for non routed phones... I've never gone outside of the carrier with Android

You can download and flash the update BUT it will wipe your device and if you flash the wrong one you may not be on the current carrier version.  And you don't have to be rooted to do it.  

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I have a Note 9 bought in Dec 2018. It had Oct 2018 software and has never gotten an over the air update.

If you don't want to risk doing it yourself you can do this:

Go to the Samsung site and find a walk in repair center near you: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/?product=N0002100

Take your phone in to the repair center and ask them to manually update your phone.  I took mine in this morning.  Took them 20 min and now I am up to date with Pie.  They didn't charge me anything.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.