The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4
j_angelo's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, August 20th, 2015 11:49 PM

Galaxy Note 4 WiFi very SLOW after OTA update

After updating my phone several weeks ago, I've noticed that the WiFi speeds on any wireless network I'm connected to is very slow. I've looked for solutions to this problem and found that turning on Airplane Mode and turning it off will momentarily fix it. I do that but the speeds come back down to a crawl. I hate to say it but I think this update was a ploy to keep us from using WiFi thus forcing us to use up our data! CONSPIRACY! 

Well I just want my wifi fixed please. I don't want to have to root my phone to fix this problem.

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

7 years ago

Hey @j_angelo

I’m sorry to hear that a recent software update is impacting your connection speeds via WiFi! I’d be happy to help! What I would recommend would be to boot the device into safe mode. In Safe Mode, the device will only run apps and services which are essential, allowing us to determine if an issue is being caused by an additional file or app. To launch Safe Mode:

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Power/Lock key for one or two seconds to turn on the device.
  3. When the Samsung logo displays, press and hold the Volume down key until the lock screen displays. When the lock screen displays Safe mode will be shown in the lower-left corner of the screen.
  4. To exit Safe mode press the Power/Lock key and then touch Restart.

While in Safe Mode, please test the device to see if the data connection stops also. If it does not, please try uninstalling any apps installed around the time of this issue starting and/or a factory reset to clear the device of corrupt files if the cause cannot be located or as an alternative, you may wish to visit a Samsung Experience Store, located in select Best Buy locations where a Samsung expert can flash the update directly to your device. To find one near you, click here!

I hope this helps!

Charise

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

The aforementioned tip won't work. The phone is virtually unusable after the update. Y'all are trying to force me to upgrade, aren't you? Won't work. Are you trying to defraud me? Att, you will refund my monthly charges today and send an update today by noon Central time. Don't give me excuses, just fix the issue Att has caused. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.