Shop Now, Avoid Delays - Get Our Best Holiday Deals!
What is happening with 3G?
R

• 

3 Messages

Tue, Aug 18, 2020 4:59 AM

Galaxy Note 10 Dual Sim - SM-970F/DS - (International Model) Data Network is not working when I'm outside.

I just purchased international model Galaxy Note 10 Dual Sim (Model number SM-970F/DS). Before I make the purchase, I check with the seller if this phone works with AT&T. It was stated that phone doesn't work with Verizon but works with AT&T. I made several other search and couple places confirmed that this phone is compatible with AT&T network. So, I place my 2 sim card on the phone. First couple of days, there was no problem. Data network was working on my main line but wasn't working on the second line. However, since I needed internet and main line network was working, I didn't mind second line network. When I realized that I needed was, I received message with picture attachment and couldn't download it without cellular network. 

I contacted customer service, they did couple of troubleshoot with no luck. Another customer call, another tech support, second line network worked but first one wasn't working anymore. I tried to find solution by myself, both network gone yesterday.

Phones are working fine, I can make and receive calls from both line. The only problem is there is no internet when Im outside and I cant receive picture or video message.

Below are the current settings from the phone

Settings/about phone/Status/Sim Card Status

Sim Card Status - Sometimes shows AT&T but sometimes not available.

Mobile Network state - not available

Service state - not available

IMS registration status - Not registered

First couple of days, sim1 was like below

Mobile Network State - Connected and IMS Registration Status - Registered 

Sim 2 was showing not registered. Later customer service did some add on Access Point Names, sim2 worked, sim1 stopped and/or vice versa. Mobile Network State was keep disconnection and IMS Registration Status was Not registered.

I switched my operator to AT&T from different provider and this was main reason (dual sim card) but now I cannot use my phone. 

I contacted customer support on Sunday and someone tried to help me. After 1 hr 34 minute, there was no luck.

Today I went to local store, lady tried couple of things and she couldn't help and sent me main store and said main store can access my account for changes. I went main store and waited, they also couldn't help and setup ProTech appointment. Protech called me for help at the appointment time but first person was really not pro. She transferred me second person and he also couldn't help. I was on the phone with them 1 hr 52 minute with no luck. Second person said higher level technician will call me back in 1 hr. No one called for 4 hrs and I tried to contact customer service again. Because I cant even use gps when Im outside. So I called customer service again, someone from Philippines tried to help me but there was no luck after another 51 minutes. (He said my phone is not compatible with AT&T. Im not sure if this is correct information as I checked it before purchase. Also, no other customer service person, or store told me that. Plus, phone worked with 4G or LTE for couple of days but that person said its impossible. I know I waited hours on the phone and they all tried to help me, but at the end, Im not able to use internet outside of my phone with my two sim card. Im very confused here.

Is there anyone who had similar experience with this type phone? Galaxy Not 10 SM-N970F/DS (International Model)

Constructive

Employee

• 

24.5K Messages

1 y ago

Are you in the us?

• 

3 Messages

1 y ago

I forget to state that. Yes Im in the US. But again, I checked if this phone was working here before purchase.

One shows here.

Plus, none of the representative told me this phone is not supported with AT&T. (Except last person)

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

22.5K Messages

1 y ago

You really wasted your money if you ask me.  That phone was not made for the us market and it wont work on ATT at all by Frb 2022 when there is no 3g network anymore.  The phone can't do VoLTE on ATT.  Your best bet is get a cheap 4g LTE equipped prepaid phone give ATT customer service the IMEI for that phone then stick the sim in your note 10 and you should get service that way. 

• 

3 Messages

1 y ago

Update: Thank you for your answer. I took phone to the another AT&T store. The lady (Natalie) replaced to both sim card, updated imei numbers and solved the problem. Thanks to her.

I just hope it will keep working. I will try to update again couple of days later. Thanks all again.

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.