For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
deep8789's profile

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

Friday, August 29th, 2014 2:41 PM

Galasy s 5 (SM-G900a) software update Error

When I try to check for software update on at&t Galaxy s5 it gives error " software update interrupted check back after 24 hours" 

Phone is not rooted and running on at&t stock rom

Tried factory reset, removing sd card, changing date, different wifi network, also on LTE network at different location  

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

10 years ago

you can try downloading samsungs kies software and updating the phone that way.

http://www.samsung.com/in/support/usefulsoftware/KIES/

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

10 years ago

Kies does not support software update for at&t device I have tried it 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

10 years ago

Thats interesting.  Its suppose to.

are you using kies 3 or kies just asking since there are 2 now.

I would also pop into the samsung forum on here and ask them also.

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

10 years ago

Kies 3 on pc and kies on mac

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

10 years ago

well you can take it to bestbuy as they do have a samsung booth in there that is maned by Samsung employees.  They can flash it for you.  And your warrenty should be intact.

Mentor

• 

33 Messages

10 years ago

The same thing keeps happening to me. My device is also unrooted, running stock firmware. I've tried this update (to Baseband version: G900AUCU2ANG3) 3 times using the date rollup trick to bypass the 24 hour update wait. The update will completely download but when the device reboots to initiate the install, it keeps failing at 31%.  I have tried using Kies to update but It keeps telling me that the update from May, (Baseband version: G900AUCU2AND3) is the most current firmware version and doesn't give me the option to check for an update.  This is AT&T's fault, not Samsung to not let us update via Kies.  Although this is only a bug fix update, It would be nice to have a faster, more stable device before the next major Android version update.  Im hoping that someone from AT&T or Samsung will reply to this post to give us a solution to this problem or at least to acknoledge there is an issue.

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

10 years ago

yes it is at&t fault because they don't let firmware update via Kies and also let OTA update once every 24hr 

AT&T tech support only know how to apologize 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I have nearly the identical issue as pbm5362 above.  I spent a couple of hours on the phone with AT&T and Samsung only to be told they have no idea of what is wrong.  I should wait a month or two and it may fix itself.  Has Samsung updated Kies to show this update yet?  

It supposedly has a couple of things I want fixed in it--volume as zoom on the camera, better battery, and snappier performance overall.  Anybody found a work around. I went in and unfroze a couple of AT&T apps I had frozen--Navigator, Family?-- and it had no effect.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

10 years ago

did you disable anything like samsungs updater?  

Also you wont get the ota if your rooted.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I am not rooted.  Did not disable samsung updater. Phone is only 3 weeks old.  Too long to send back for refund and go back to my s3.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.