We Still Have Great Cyber Week Deals: Check out our $5 and under smartphone deals!
The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4
rkdkbd's profile
rkdkbd
#1 Star!
The 5th element!
10th stratosphere!

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

Wed, May 29, 2019 6:18 PM

Facebook App won't work on WIFI on S10

For the past week the Facebook app has not been working on wifi.  It won't load comments or pictures says "you can still post off line" or "can't connect".  Slow to load timeline or anyone's profile including my own.  Happening on all wifi. I have tried everything:  clear data and cache on app, force stop app, restart phone, uninstall and reinstall from play store, soft reboot using power/volumedown buttons.  Nothing fixes the issue.  Have had this phone less than a month so this is really frustrating. 

ACE - Sage

• 

101.9K Messages

4 years ago

If it were hardware, it wouldn’t be just FB.   If it were the phones software, it would be consistent on cellular or Wifi.  Very odd.  

ACE - Sage

• 

101.9K Messages

4 years ago

Can’t believe it, I just read this:   https://www.androidauthority.com/facebook-not-working-fix-823530/

rkdkbd

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

4 years ago

I've done everything it says to do. Nothing works. It's really frustrating because I have a bunch of stuff listed to sell on Facebook pages and the marketplace and can't get notifications timely and can't see comments. It isn't Facebook because it works fine on other devices but I can't carry them all around with me all day. And for what I am paying for this S10 it sure ought to work. 

ACE - Sage

• 

101.9K Messages

4 years ago

@rkdkbd wrote:

I've done everything it says to do. Nothing works. It's really frustrating because I have a bunch of stuff listed to sell on Facebook pages and the marketplace and can't get notifications timely and can't see comments. It isn't Facebook because it works fine on other devices but I can't carry them all around with me all day. And for what I am paying for this S10 it sure ought to work. 

Did you read the link?  It’s a FACEBOOK problem, not a phone problem. 

rkdkbd

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

4 years ago

If it is a Facebook problem that makes no sense that it is only on specific phones because we have three s10 phones and two S7 phones and it only has an issue on one specific phone. It is also working fine on three different tablets we have. And yes I read the link. In fact, I had read that link previously when scouring the internet for a solution prior to coming to this forum. Which is why I had already done everything listed in every step in the link. Also, the beta test isn't an option because the app states in the play store that the beta testing is full. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.