AT&T Holiday Deals & Gifts - Don't miss these holiday deals on the latest devices!
The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4
rhmontg's profile

• 

1 Message

Fri, Jul 15, 2022 2:14 AM

Dual sims and data in Mexico

We are travelling to Mexico in a couple of months.  I know our Unlimited plan includes phone/text/data in Mexico & Canada, but I have read here that the data rates are super slow (like 0.1Mbs/s).  Our phones aren't unlocked, so we can't just buy a Telnet sim and put it in, but they have eSim/dual sim capability (which is something I am still trying to figure out how to use).

Does this mean we could buy eSims from Telnet and use AT&T for our phone/text and Telnet for data while we are there?  The phones are Galaxy 22 Ultras if that matters.

Thanks!

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

61K Messages

5 months ago

If your phone is locked, so is the esim. You need the phone unlocked to use a different carrier on the esim. I don’t know where you’re getting that slow data stuff. I’ve gotten good LTE speeds in Mexico. 

KiwiBird97

Tutor

• 

17 Messages

5 months ago

Even if you unlock the phones (SM-S908U or SM-S908U1), they won't work with Mexican SIM cards (including eSIMs). Only an SM-S908E will work with Latin American and Caribbean SIM cards.

Model numbers like these are more flexible. For example, Samsung devices ending in E will work in Latin America/Caribbean, the Middle East & North Africa, India, and the Asia Pacific (excluding South Korea, Japan, and China). Those ending in B will only work in Europe and CIS.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.