The phone that makes your everyday epic. Buy the Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G now!
What is happening with 3G?
mtshasta's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Fri, Aug 26, 2016 4:36 AM

Do you need to contact FCC ? Regarding AT&T's Samsung Promotion for Free 48 Inch Samsung Smart TV

I have read through these community forum posts from people who signed up with AT&T to get the Free 48 Inch Samsung Smart TV.

People are still waiting.  They have spent hours on the phone with AT&T and Samsung, told many promises, and nothing happens.

I was told by AT&T in April 2016 that if I signed up for Direct TV service I would get a Free 48 Inch Samsung TV.  It is now August 2016.

I have submitted all the required documentation and I have documented all the phone calls with AT&T and Samsung.

I think it is time for people to contact the FCC, because AT&T and Samsung clearly demonstrate they have no interest to make good on their promises.

Here is how to contact the FCC:

If you file your complaint, please let this community know your results.

Good luck !!

Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

15.8K Messages

5 y ago

@mtshasta I don't think this is an FCC issue, they are the Federal Communications Commission, this is not a communications issue.  

The Federal Communications Commission regulates interstate and international communications by radio, television, wire, satellite, and cable in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and U.S. territories. An independent U.S. government agency overseen by Congress, the commission is the United States' primary authority for communications laws, regulation and technological innovation. 

You're having no issues regarding communication technologies. The FCC wants complaints about the inappropriateness of TV content, not that you didn't get your free TV.

When solved / helped, please mark your question as solved by clicking "Accept solution". This helps other people to find an answer more quickly.

ACE - Sage

• 

91.9K Messages

5 y ago

@mtshasta

The requirements were considerably more than you mentioned.  Read the full requirments below 

image.jpgimage.jpeg

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

5 y ago

AT&T tells me that "Your info has all been validated on our end" and Samsung says "Everything is fine on our end". Hmmm...if all info had been validated on BOTH ends, WHY AM I GETTING REJECTED?! This is nothing but a scam. When I call Samsung, they assure me that I am perfect on their end but I must contact AT&T at a specific phone number (to reach the specific dept that deals with the promotion). So...I take that number and make a conference call with the Samsung agent. I've done it twice now. Even tho AT&T validated my accounts over the phone (to the samsung rep)...it's STILL NOT GOOD ENOUGH! Apparently, Samsungs Data base (which AT&T send the approval to) is messed up. HOW IS THIS THE CUSTOMERS PROBLEM?! I've talked to over 88 people (between Samsung and EVERY SINGLE AT&T DEPARTMENT) and have spent OVER 24 hours on the phone. I have a notebook full of names and numbers of who I've been told "You must contact to receive your TV". To this day, after abiding by ALL Qualifications....I'm still rejected. Makes no sense!!!! Such a scam! These companies don't seem to care either.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

5 y ago

I went through the same process each month from April to August and in the month of August I made 6 calls. Finally they say I am accepted... don't know what changed their mind other than continuing to call.  Hopefully I'll get the TV (in 4-6 weeks, they say)

ML0815

Guru

• 

408 Messages

5 y ago

Hello mtshasta! I found another thread with an answer that may be the solution to your situation: https://forums.att.com/t5/Samsung-Discussion-Support/Samsung-TV-offer-still-waiting/m-p/4819649#M13547 However, here is the SAMSUNG link to the promotion's Terms & Conditions, FAQ's, and Order Status: https://promos.samsungpromotions.com/atttvoffer Hope it helps, Misael
Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.