Cyber Monday: Get a FREE Samsung Galaxy S22 with eligible trade-in & Free Galaxy Buds2 - while supplies last!
The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4
ATTMobilityCare's profile
Community Support

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

Wed, Jul 27, 2016 3:47 PM

Device Software Update: Samsung Galaxy S7 edge (SM-G935A)

Greetings Community!

Summary Description:

• Effective 7/27/2016, AT&T released a software update for the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge(SM-G935A).
  • This update will be made available to customers to download via firmware over the air (FOTA). 
  • A Wi-Fi connection is required.

Device Update Enhancements:

• Setup and Transfer
  • Wi-Fi Calling
  • IPME
  • AMBS Phase 3

Keep reading below for information on how to update your device!

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTHelp and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I have done all suggestions and device still says I am up to date. Funny, I am still on Feb. 2016 security update. Paid outright for my s7 edge when I preordered from AT&T so is that why I get no updates?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Excuse me ATTMobilityCare but you are full of something. Already have done all the above so many times i have lost count. Even reset my phone to factory a couple times. Still says I am up to date with a Feb. 2016 security patch. Can't even get Mar. 2016. So why keep posting the above directions when you know very well it won't work for most people. Love android and Samsung but   not loving AT&T at all these days. Maybe it is time for a new carrier and since I don't have a contract, you have no choice but to unlock my phone.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I've had my S7 edge since April with zero issues. After this update my battery performance is terrible. I went from charging only at bed time to charging 2-3 times a day. I also have intermittent problems where my send button in messages only works if I touch the leftmost side of it. Some days it will function normally but it mostly doesn't. My 4G LTE signal is also not as strong as it used to be. And my overall speed and performance is reduced. I've taken the phone to Samsung counter inside Best Buy and they said the phone couldn't be reflashed because something in my phone didn't match. I don't remember what he said to be honest. I've called AT&T there are no Device Support Centers in all of New England! Closest one is 4 hours away in NY and ironically enough the same thing goes with Samsung support Center. My only option is to mail my phone to samsung for a reflash. If you want to reflash the phone yourself, it voids the warranty. So If I don't want to be without a phone for a week, I must just live with this poor excuse of an update until the next one comes out and hope that is resolved my issues.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

The software update is garbage.. Since downloading it my phone has been acting strange. Pressing the volume buttons clearly shows the volume is being changed, but there is no sound. Making calls you can see that the call is connected, but you can't hear anything on the other end. Receiving calls at times is null in void.. The party says they called three times, but again there's no sound. It appears that the phone goes on silent by itself.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Atnt should roll back this upgrade, it has really messed up the battery on my S7 edge, suddenly android system is consuming 35% battery.. one the best features of S7 edge was battery life and this upgrade has messed up the battery big time... If any one has a solution to roll back please share. Thanks

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I am going to have a stroke if my S7 Edge updates again after I've told it "later", this is the third time it's just done it anyway.

I want to DISABLE auto updates, but when I go into System -> Device -> About -> Software Update there is no option to disable auto updates.

Can someone tell me how to turn this crap off?  I don't want to get spammed about it throughout the day only to find it just does it anyway.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

My device says the same thing.  It says your device is up to date.  I replaced my last device that was running Nougat.  My new device won't update.  Answers Please!!!

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

23.5K Messages

6 years ago

@Domtown wrote:
I've had my S7 edge since April with zero issues. After this update my battery performance is terrible. I went from charging only at bed time to charging 2-3 times a day. I also have intermittent problems where my send button in messages only works if I touch the leftmost side of it. Some days it will function normally but it mostly doesn't. My 4G LTE signal is also not as strong as it used to be. And my overall speed and performance is reduced. I've taken the phone to Samsung counter inside Best Buy and they said the phone couldn't be reflashed because something in my phone didn't match. I don't remember what he said to be honest. I've called AT&T there are no Device Support Centers in all of New England! Closest one is 4 hours away in NY and ironically enough the same thing goes with Samsung support Center. My only option is to mail my phone to samsung for a reflash. If you want to reflash the phone yourself, it voids the warranty. So If I don't want to be without a phone for a week, I must just live with this poor excuse of an update until the next one comes out and hope that is resolved my issues.

@Domtown

who told you reflashing the phone voids the warranty?  It does not...  you can reflash to 6.0.1 if you need to.  Also there are no more att device support centers they all closed as the 3rd party company  that ran them folded up shop.

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

23.5K Messages

6 years ago

@SHAALI66 wrote:

My S7 EDGE update has been done over  OVER 30 MINUTES . It been showing a green and blue circle around an open lock for over 30 minutes as it does when powering on What is the problem it will not allow me to power off . I should of ignored the update.

force the phone to turn off by holding the power button.  Did the update tell you it completed?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I took the latest update to Nougat and I have lost the encription of the device.  How do I get that back?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.