AT&T Holiday Deals & Gifts - Don't miss these holiday deals on the latest devices!
The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4
ATTMobilityCare's profile
Community Support

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

Fri, Feb 17, 2017 11:16 PM

Device Software Update: Samsung Galaxy S7 edge (SM-G935A) Android Nougat

Hello Community!

I'm pleased to also announce that Android Nougat for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7 edge has been released today (2/17/16)!

Have you been looking forward to this update? Are you ready to experience the newest iteration of Android? Sound off in the thread below.

For more information and installation instructions, please keep reading.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTHelp and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76 - I have not yet received the Nougat update on my S7 Edge either. I saw your previous post that it could be due to not having the latest security patch level..which seems to be the case for me. I have Security patch level (SPL): October 1, 2016 on my phone. How do i get the Novermber SPL in order to receive the Nougat update? If i restore my phone back to factory setting would that change anything? I bought this phone from BestBuy back in January 2017. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you! 

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

23.5K Messages

6 years ago

@BlueS7edge wrote:

@GLIMMERMAN76 - I have not yet received the Nougat update on my S7 Edge either. I saw your previous post that it could be due to not having the latest security patch level..which seems to be the case for me. I have Security patch level (SPL): October 1, 2016 on my phone. How do i get the Novermber SPL in order to receive the Nougat update? If i restore my phone back to factory setting would that change anything? I bought this phone from BestBuy back in January 2017. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you! 

did you get a new sim card with the phone or use an old one?

TwoTabs

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

6 years ago

Take your phone to best buy and have them re flash it. You will be able to update then
GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

23.5K Messages

6 years ago

@TwoTabs wrote:
Take your phone to best buy and have them re flash it. You will be able to update then

@TwoTabs

since they dont have the N rom yet it wont matter...  Then there is the fact its a brand new phone and wont get updates.  IMEI miss match will cause that.  I powered on a s7 active yesterday and it did 3 updates since its been off since OCT.  But the imei for that phone is programed to my sim card.  My pixel xl that does not matter.

TwoTabs

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

6 years ago

Have them flash it to the latest 6.0 update. Then it should let you update. That was my issue and it fixed it with my s7

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

Well, if your not familiar or comfortable with manually updating it yourself, you could take it back to Best Buy and have their tech dept flash the Nov. security patch. Then, if your phone's IMEI is in the pool that AT&T has already issued the update to, you should be able to do the OTA Nougat update through the phone. Not sure whether or not Best Buy has the Nougat update firmware available yet.

There are some pretty straightforward guides online that provide the tools and files necessary to update the phone yourself. I backed up my phone through Smart Switch, put the Nougat firmware on my SD card and flashed it through the phone's Recovery mode menu. Then I restored my apps and such through Smart Switch afterwards. Its a relatively painless process nowadays.

Some people believe its best to do a factory reset and fresh install when a new OS comes out, as opposed to simply upgrading (in this case going from Marshmallow to Nougat) because there are less issues that could occur.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I check daily for this update on my phone but I'm told each day that my software is up to date. I am currently running Android 6.0. what gives?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

My S7 Edge has not recieved the update yet. Ever since the update to nougat has released I have been checking to see if it will allow me to update my phone. However, everytime I check, it says that the current software is up to date. Has anyone else had this issue? And if so, can someone tell me how to fix this?

Thanks

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I have a s7 edge sm-g935a and I haven't received nougat as yet is it that it hasn't come to this model yet or do I have to wait longer because I checked system update it told me latest updates have been installed..... HELP!!!!!
GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

23.5K Messages

6 years ago

Your not in the USA so you won't get the update. Att only updates phones connected to the att network here in the USA.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.