Cyber Monday: Get a FREE Samsung Galaxy S22 with eligible trade-in & Free Galaxy Buds2 - while supplies last!
The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4
ATTMobilityCare's profile
Community Support

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

Fri, Feb 17, 2017 11:16 PM

Device Software Update: Samsung Galaxy S7 edge (SM-G935A) Android Nougat

Hello Community!

I'm pleased to also announce that Android Nougat for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7 edge has been released today (2/17/16)!

Have you been looking forward to this update? Are you ready to experience the newest iteration of Android? Sound off in the thread below.

For more information and installation instructions, please keep reading.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTHelp and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I installed the update and I have to use a mouse to navigate! If I use my fingers it takes 2 fingers to swipe and double click to select or open anything. I please help. What did this 7.0 update do to my S7 Edge?????

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Hello 

I am using samsung s7 edge SM-G935F  with att simcard. I still did not get the update

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

When will Samsung Galaxy S7 edge (SM-G935A) Android Nougat build be available to Go Phone plan users?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I also had problems with the install last night (3/1), and then when installed, the internet worked but not the phone. After 1.5 hours with AT&T tech's and a master reset (erasing everything on the phone), and reinstalling, the phone still no longer works. Not happy.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Hello, It's 3/2 and I do not get the 7.0 upgrade OTA with my AT&T S7 Edge. Is there something we need to do? I got an update last night but it just went to Android 6.0.1. Since then when I run updates it just says my software is up to date. Android security patch level is also October 1, 2016. Thanks for your help.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

My wife got the Nougat update on her S7 nearly a week ago. I have the S7 Edge and still haven't received the update. Im still on Marshmallow and when I check for an update it says my software is up to date. Everywhere I look online, it says the update was released for both S7 and Edge back in Feb. Any ideas why my phone isn't receiving the update?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

My phone updated a few days ago. Sunday everthing worked great. Well here it is Monday and in the real world and I have 2 BIG problems:

2 times today while on bluetooth in the car the other end of the line couldn't hear me. The bigger problem is that I can't use my phone as a hotspot! I've never had problems before with this before. Today it connected up and worked for about 5 minutes with no problems then it said I didn't have internet and disconnected. I  rebooted phone and laptop, it connected but not to the internet. Ran the diagnostics in Windows and it said it was my router (phone hotspot).

What do I do know? I've hated this S7 Edge from the day I got it and this is the end of the line. Been with at&t since my first cell phone in the mid 90's. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

well not sure what update i received i know i had to have wifi on to do it and i hate it after the download it changed my stuff and im not happy about it im get used to doing stuff a certain way they should give you the choice if you want the new way  

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

is there any way to get my phone put back the way it was before the update 

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

23.5K Messages

6 years ago

@eliz62 wrote:

is there any way to get my phone put back the way it was before the update 

@eliz62

nope this is how nougat looks and feels.  It will change again with android O next year.  There are os changes and improvments each year.  Nougat is a huge step forward as it allows backups of all data on the phone to the cloud.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.