Cyber Monday: Get a FREE Samsung Galaxy S22 with eligible trade-in & Free Galaxy Buds2 - while supplies last!
The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4
ATTMobilityCare's profile
Community Support

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

Fri, Feb 17, 2017 11:16 PM

Device Software Update: Samsung Galaxy S7 edge (SM-G935A) Android Nougat

Hello Community!

I'm pleased to also announce that Android Nougat for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7 edge has been released today (2/17/16)!

Have you been looking forward to this update? Are you ready to experience the newest iteration of Android? Sound off in the thread below.

For more information and installation instructions, please keep reading.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTHelp and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

Just updated my Galaxy S7 Edge the other day to Nougat. Been loving it since. The update went smooth and had no issues. I am really impressed with how fast AT&T got it out. In previous years it took so long to receive the newest Android version but this went a lot quicker. Excited to receive 7.1.1! Love that AT&T opted for the vertical settings menu instead of another tabbed version like in the previous version of Android. It is so much easier to navigate now and has a cleaner look. I am especially glad we have Samsungs device manager for cleaning up the phone now too!

Only thing I have noticed is that after the update my group messaging has been funky. I keep getting "failure to download MMS" prompts when people in my group chats text me. Haven't figured out why yet. 

javadave

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

6 years ago

My phone doesn't see the update. Man Sad

It just says that my software is up-to-date on 6.0.1, security patch update November 1, 2016.

It doesn't even seem to be looking for the update when I go to check. It immediately goes to an up-to-date screen.

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

23.5K Messages

6 years ago

@javadave wrote:

My phone doesn't see the update. Man Sad

It just says that my software is up-to-date on 6.0.1, security patch update November 1, 2016.

It doesn't even seem to be looking for the update when I go to check. It immediately goes to an up-to-date screen.

your using the phone with a att sim card right?  If so att sends out there updates in waves by imei.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

How do I update my SM-G935AZBAATT? It is an at&t device, but I use cricket wireless as provider.
GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

23.5K Messages

6 years ago

@RaggedyAnn wrote:
How do I update my SM-G935AZBAATT? It is an at&t device, but I use cricket wireless as provider.

@RaggedyAnn

wait a couple of weeks then take it to a samsung experience center inside a best buy.  They will flash it for free.  Most times people on cricket wont get updates.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I still have not recieved this update on my G935AUCU1APB5. I'm on AT&T.

Phone says that I'm on 6.0.1 and that I'm still running Security Patch Level Februrary 1st, 2016 which is alarming. I called support and they remoted into the phone and told me that it is reciving updates but it's just displaying the wrong SPA date, which doesn't seem right. Why would the phone report incorrect information even though it's updated? Really doesn't sound right at all.

What exactly do I need to do #1 to get this update, and #2 why does the phone say it's running SPA February 1st, 2016 but AT&T support is saying that my phone is actually running a later SPA and that it's wrong??? Just not adding up and I'm getting frustrated.

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

23.5K Messages

6 years ago

@tkdavies525 wrote:

I still have not recieved this update on my G935AUCU1APB5. I'm on AT&T.

Phone says that I'm on 6.0.1 and that I'm still running Security Patch Level Februrary 1st, 2016 which is alarming. I called support and they remoted into the phone and told me that it is reciving updates but it's just displaying the wrong SPA date, which doesn't seem right. Why would the phone report incorrect information even though it's updated? Really doesn't sound right at all.

What exactly do I need to do #1 to get this update, and #2 why does the phone say it's running SPA February 1st, 2016 but AT&T support is saying that my phone is actually running a later SPA and that it's wrong??? Just not adding up and I'm getting frustrated.

@tkdavies525

take the phone to a samsung experience center inside a best buy and have them update you to the latest MM build then Nougat should download.  They may have the nougat update but I doubt it.

TwoTabs

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

6 years ago

They don't have the nougat update but taking it to best buy will fix your issue

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Hi am seeing where you saying the nougat update is out for at&t but am see it on mine my built number is G935AUCS4APK1 has it been released as yet are do I have to wait?

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I have G935A version of S7edge but I until now I don't get the update. I always check for software updates since the Feb 20, what's going on?
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.