Can't receive texts or calls but can make them
Hi. I am suddenly unable to receive either texts or calls, but I can send texts and make calls. This is pretty unacceptable.
I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 Active. It hasn't been rooted and has Android 4.4.2.
- I received my last text last night. I've been told that texts were sent to me this morning. That's the window of when I lost the ability to receive texts.
- I use the default texting app.
- I can send texts, which I have verified with other cell phone users, both from AT&T and with another provider.
Calls (much the same)
- I last received a call at lunchtime yesterday. Someone tried unsuccessfully to call me at lunchtime today. I don't know if there were any other calls before then.
- Whenever anyone tries to call me today, they are sent straight to voice mail.
- I can call other AT&T cell phone users and landlines just fine. I can also access my voice mail, but I get no indication that a message was ever left for me.
Troubleshooting steps taken (to no avail)
- I have rebooted my phone several times.
- I have turned off my phone and left it off for several minutes before restarting it.
- I have removed the battery for several minutes.
- I've put my phone into airplane mode for several minutes and taken it back out again.
- I have removed both the SIM and my SD card and re-seated them (not that I've seen any messages about there not being a SIM).
- I have deleted many, many texts, including entire conversations with people.
- I have not downloaded any new apps.
- I am receiving app updates (auto-downloaded an update to Flipboard some time today).
- I'm getting Gmail just fine via both WiFi and AT&T data.(tested both conditions).
- I am not interested in doing anything that will lead to data loss.
- My testing with other AT&T users hasn't been in the same area; I mean, we're not using the same tower.
So, any ideas? I'm at my wits end!!