Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4
mct5137's profile

• 

2 Messages

Fri, Aug 12, 2022 11:02 PM

Can't make phone calls with new Samsung Galaxy S21

I changed phones from pixel 2 to Galaxy S21 a couple days ago. Everything, including messaging, browsing on wifi and data, and receiving calls all work flawlessly. However, I cannot place outgoing calls. No matter what number I try, an automated operator says "your call cannot be completed as dialed." I have two phone apps for some reason; both do not work. I can't access the "supplementary services" setting in the "call settings" menu because it says "Failed to read data" and 
"something went wrong. Check your SIM card or network connection, then try again." 

Since everything works except making calls, I'm pretty sure the SIM card and the network connection are just fine.

ACE - Sage

• 

100.2K Messages

2 m مضت

Where did you purchase your new Samsung?

Check the imei here. 

https://www.att.com/buy/byod/identify?devicetype=phone

• 

2 Messages

2 m مضت

I don't see how it matters where i purchased the phone since everything works including the receiving of phone calls. I just cannot dial the phone to make outgoing calls.

Constructive

Employee

• 

29.4K Messages

2 m مضت

🤦‍♂️

Constructive

Employee

• 

29.4K Messages

2 m مضت

If you want help then give the information asked for. It does matter where you bought it. And whether it’s an AT&T branded phone and the exact model number helps as well. 

(edited)

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.