Our Community Forum will be shutting down on June 27, 2024. Please visit att.com/support for all your support needs.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
oliverop's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Thursday, June 9th, 2016 1:33 PM

Bluetooth Connectivity Damaged ATT cannot perform a warranty exchange - help?

My buletooth on my 4 month old Galaxy Note 5 is not working. It has been troubleshooted everywhich way. I need to do a warranty exchange but the ATT service rep said they did not have any in stock. I was told to check at an Att center. The 2 closest ones also do not have any. If I wanted to buy one I could, I do not understand why they will not honor my 1 year warranty.

Here is the text of my chat. I was told at the end, that at least I can make calls and use data. As if that is some sort of consulation for spending $750 four months ago. 

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. I have seen online that this is an issue with this phone.

Peter : My bluetooth range is now only about 2 ft before my phone disconnects to everything.
Karen : Hello Peter, my name is Karen, thank you for chatting today!
Peter : Hi
Karen : Good Morning!
Peter : Hello
Karen : May I have the mobile number we are working with today please?
Peter : 248225XXXX
Karen : Thank you!
Karen : Were there any downloads, or updates to the device before this started?
Peter : No.
Karen : Power off your phone for me, and let me know when its completely off
Peter : I have already done that 3 times and it did not resolve the issue
Peter : I have also unpaired and repaired all of my bluetooth devices
Karen : I need you to power it off for me, so I can do something on my end
Peter : I have also cleared the cache and cleared the data of of Bluetooth under application manager
Peter : ok
Peter : ok powered off
Karen : Thanks, I will let you know when to power on again.
Karen : YOu can power on now Peter.
Peter : powered on
Karen : Try connecting and see how far you can get
Peter : Same. not even 2 feet
Karen : What I can do is locate an ATT Device Support Center close to you, and they can troubleshoot hands on
Karen : Or you can back up the device, then master reset
Peter : I am chatting with you to perform a warranty exchange
Karen : Okay, and we can do that through the mail, or they can do that at the Device Service Center and you don't have to wait for it to arrive
Karen : May I have the IMEI# of the phone please?
Karen : You can dial *#06#
Peter : xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/22
Karen : Thank you
Karen : I will need your shipping address and email
Peter : Where is my closest service center, would it be any att store?
Peter : XX5 LioXXXX  XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Karen : Thank you.
Karen : I do regret the inconvenience to you this morning.
Karen : I am not showing that we have any replacements in stock at this time.
Peter : Ok. Great.
Peter : What do I do?
Karen : I can check for a DSC in your area, so that you can take the device into them, they may be able to resolve the issue, or replace it right there.
Karen : Or if there is a Best Buy in your area, you can take it into the Samsung techs they have onsite there, they may be able to resolve the issue also
Peter : Can Best Buy replace my item?
Karen : No they can't
Karen : What I can do also is check for different device for you
Karen : It may be a different color
Peter : Where is my closest DSC for zip 48307
Karen : 3963 BALDWIN ROAD AUBURN HILLS, MI (248) 335-3313 MON-FRI 9:00-8:00, SAT 9:00-7:00, SUN 11:00-5:00
Peter : What about 6812 Rochester Rd Rochester Hills
Karen : That is a regular retail store, they can process warranty replacements
Peter : They can or cannot?
Karen : I am sorry, that can't
Karen : I did check to see what substitutions we have.
Karen : We do not have any Note 5 device in a different color, we do have the S6 Edge, in black
Peter : That will not work. I have a warranty and I need a galaxy note 5
Peter : You must see this is unacceptable
Karen : Right, I understand you want your same device.
Karen : I am very sorry about the inconvenience to you.
Karen : The best step would be the Device Service Center and let them troubleshoot hands on, they may be able to resolve the issue there, or they can replace it.
Karen : You can call them once they are open and make suer they have your device.
Peter : Yes. I spent 45 minutes on chat. Now I have to waste another 2 hours,
Peter : I see that you have Galaxy note 5's in stock
Karen : If you are looking online, that is a different stock than what is used for warranty replacements
Peter : I have to go.e.
Karen : I really do regret the inconvenience to you, I really do.
Peter : That does nothing for me. I doesnt fix my phone
Peter : You failed to perform a warranty exchange
Karen : I am sorry that bluetooth isn't working
Karen : I am sure its an inconvenience if this is a feature that you use a lot.
Karen : I can exchange the device for you, however it will not be Note 5 at this time.
Karen : You can check back later with us to see if we have any Note 5 in stock
Karen : the good thing is that your phone still works, you can make calls, text, and connect to data.
Karen : Do you have any other questions or concerns for me at this time?
Karen : I sure appreciate your business with AT&T. Your feedback is always welcome to help make the experience even better. Feel free to select the CLOSE option inside the chat window, when you are ready to end the chat

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

buy a cheap go phone and send the phone into samsung for repair.  Its easier and may take a week or 2.  Remember the phones your getting thru repair are not new phones but att refurbs.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

My warranty is with ATT

Guru

• 

629 Messages

8 years ago

@oliverop

I see that you have one big advantage in this situation.  Since you've researched online and found that this is a known issue with this device, I would, absolutely, get ahold of Samsung, go over the specific issue you're experiencing with the device, and also inform them of your desired resolution (warranty replacement.) In these sorts of situations, the best thing to do is get ahold of the device's manufacturer, not the carrier.  The manufacturer is the one who, oftentimes, can handle warranty issues most expiditiously.  Insurance replacements (lost, stolen, damaged, water damaged, etc.) that's a whole other ball game.  My apologies to all Samsung owners/supporters out there, but, it's seeming like, at least from what I've read on these threads, Samsung's getting pretty bad about a bunch of their devices having various warranty isssues within a short time of purchase and needing to be replaced.  *Hugs my HTC M8* Smiley Tongue

Scholar

• 

206 Messages

8 years ago

Can support and immediately ask for a supervisor. Getting them on the phone works better than dealing with chat.

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

8 years ago

ATT didn't warranty the device, Samsung does. Contact Samsung's warranty department for instructions.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

8 years ago

@oliverop wrote:

My warranty is with ATT

No, your warranty is with the phone manufacturer, Samsung. ATT is just authrorized to do warranty work for Samsung but you do not have to go to ATT.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

Issue solved. Got on the line (twice hung up on during transfer) with a great supervisor. Brand new one being shipped tomorrow.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.