Our Community Forums will be closing on June 27, 2024. Please visit att.com/support for all your support needs.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
lokilinn1385's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, February 7th, 2015 2:04 PM

blocking numbers

As a master of both phones lines. Is it possible to block a number on my other line with out physically having control or letting the other user know

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hello! @lokilinn1385 thanks for posting your question about blocking numbers.

Depending on the type of phone and version of OS installed, if it is a smart phone you’d normally need to have access to that phone to block a number from calling. We do offer a service called Smart Limits that will allow you to set time of day limits on services and even block calls for other phones on your account. This service is free for the first 30 days and 4.99 a month after. You can go to https://smartlimits.att.com to sign up.

Hope this helps!

Charise

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

No it doesn't help because no one wants to pay $6 monthly to block 1 or 2 numbers. Parents should be able to control that remotely. Even Sprint stopped blocking numbers over the phone but made it a SELF SERVICE option FOR FREE online. AT&T needs to stop being so money hungry. $5.99 monthly to block a few numbers is ridiculous. If I knew that were the case I would've never changed my service.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.