Military Appreciation: Exclusive savings for military, veterans, and their families!
Troubleshoot your device issues
Y

• 

1 Message

Mon, Dec 20, 2021 6:35 PM

Blocked outgoing call

If I try to make calls, It redirected to "thank you for calling at&t about your wireless service". I can receive a call, but I can not make a call.

I cannot make calls to all numbers, not just specific numbers. These numbers are not accidentally blocked by me.

I use AT&T prepaid service, and my phone model is Samsung Galaxy S10e.
I hope you can figure this out.

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

28.4K Messages

5分前

Sounds like AT&T has put the 3G-retirement block on your phone, forcing you to call customer service to regain use of your phone to make calls.

What exact model number is your phone, and is it AT&T-branded or not?

• 

8 Messages

4分前

I A M EXTREMELY DISPLEASED WITH AT&T STARTING TO BLOCK OUTGOING CALLS IN ADVANCE OF THE 5G UPGRADE!!! MY WIFE'S PHONE RECENTLY EXPERIENCED THIS OVER A FEW DAY PERIOD...WHICH COULD'VE BEEN A REAL PROBLEM...HAD SHE NOT HAD SERVICE IF SHE HAD SOME SERIOUS LIFE-THREATENING PROBLEM! SHE'S RUSSIAN AND HAS A HARD TIME (SOMETIMES) UNDERSTANDING SOMEONE SPEAKING CRISP/CLEAR ENGLISH...LET ALONE ONE OF THE AT&T OVERSEAS REPS (INDIA OR WHERE EVER). SHE HAD PROBLEMS CONTACTING HER BOSS...WORKING HER 3PM TO MIDNIGHT SHIFT...AND DID WAIT FOR A REP TO COME ON THE PHONE...AND WHEN HE DID...SHE COULD NOT UNDERSTAND HIM!!! SO SHE WAS NOT ABLE TO "RESTORE" HER SERVICE!!! TODAY TELLS ME OF THIS ISSUE. SHE TRIED CALLING ME AND COULD NOT. I TRIED HER PHONE...AND IT DID NOT WORK. I WAITED FOR THE AT&T REP AND WHEN HE GOT ON...I VERY STERNLY TOLD HIM..."I'M NOT INTERESTED IN YOUR SALES PITCH...JUST RESTORE MY WIFE'S PHONE AND I'LL ADDRESS THIS 3G/5G ISSUE!" HE DID. AT&T COULD BE POTENTIALLY FACING A (Edited per community guidelines)...IF SHE OR BASICALLY, "ANYONE" HAVING A HEALTH ISSUE RESULTING FROM "DENIED ACCESS" DUE TO THEIR EFFORTS TO SELL A CLIENT ON THEIR NEW 5G SERVICE! NOT HAPPY!!! WILL NOW EXPLORE OTHER PLANS! 

(edited)

Fl_retire

ACE - Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

4分前

@WhySoMuch Your demand to have AT&T upgrade each and every cell tower in the US or just the ones you connect to on the last day of February 2022 or until you decide to upgrade your phone some where in the distance future is very unreasonable. They are having to upgrade the towers and it takes time. 

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

57.4K Messages

4分前

@WhySoMuch There is no requirement to upgrade to 5G or buy a 5G phone, you just need to replace your 3G phone because it won’t work once 3G is shut down. As for calls being redirected, ATT could definitely be handling this better but any call to 911 won’t be redirected.

• 

8 Messages

4分前

@FI_retire... WHERE DID I "DEMAND" THAT AT&T UPGRADE ALL THEIR TOWERS??? (Edited per community guidelines)? JUST STATED MY SITUATION AND REACTION TO THE ISSUE MY WIFE HAD. AND WHY DID THIS AT&T FORUM "EDIT" THE WORDS "(Edited per community guidelines)" IN MY POST??? THAT, IMO...HAS NOTHING TO DO W/COMMUNITY STANDARDS!!! IT WAS MY OPINION. ARE THEY TRYING TO HIDE SOMETHING...OR PROTECT THEIR BUTTS...AS THIS COULD BE TRUE? MAYBE IT WILL GET "EDITED" AGAIN? THAT'S CONCERNING. 

(edited)

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

28.4K Messages

4分前

The community guidelines prohibit legal discussions.  Your word triggered the automatic sensors.  

AT&T is warning people as effectively as they can that they need to upgrade their phones if they aren't capable of making a voice call on AT&T's network once 3G is shutdown.  Were they not to do this, and they shut down 3G on schedule, your wife's phone would not work at this point and you would be mad that they hadn't warned you.

I think they could have done this differently, and perhaps better, but they've chosen their path and they're running with it.  You can run with it, or get out of the way.

• 

8 Messages

4分前

@sandblaster... WELL MY WIFE DID NOT HAVE A 911 ISSUE...BUT SHE DID HAVE A WORK RELATED ISSUE WHILE SHE WAS ON THE ROAD...WORKING HER JOB, WHICH TAKES HER FROM SITE TO SITE EACH EVENING...AND NEEDED TO CONTACT HER MANAGER...AND COULD NOT. AND, AGAIN TODAY...SHE HAD A PROBLEM...AS I WAS OUT AND ABOUT...W/HER TRYING TO REACH ME. BESIDES SHE'S NOT SMART PHONE SAVVY AND IS "ENGLISH CHALLENGED" SLIGHTLY...SO TO HER...ALTHOUGH NOT A 911 SITUATION...A PROBLEM ANYWAY. WE ARE AWARE OF THE 3G/5G CHANGE OVER AND HAVE WAITED TO MAKE A CHANGE TO NEW PHONES. AT&T DID NOT NEED TO TAKE THIS...WHAT I CALL A "PRESSURE METHOD"...TO GET THEIR CUSTOMERS TO SWITCH OVER TO NEW PHONES & CONTINUED SERVICE. I SPOKE W/ AN AT&T REP SOME 3 MONTHS AGO+/-...AND WAS "PRESSURED" AT THAT TIME TO CONTINUE MY/OUR SERVICE WITH THEIR NEW PHONES. I ONLY CALLED FOR INFORMATION. SO, AS MUCH AS I'VE HAD DECENT SERVICE FROM AT&T...I'M CONSIDERING ANOTHER COMPANY. NOTICE...THEY EDITED OUT MY "(Edited per community guidelines)" COMMENT...DUE TO THEIR "COMMUNITY STANDARDS"! (Edited per community guidelines)??? WHAT'S WRONG WITH MENTIONING A POTENTIAL "(Edited per community guidelines)"??? JUST STATING MY OPINION...AND A POTENTIAL "FACT". IT WILL BE INTERESTING TO SEE IF IT GETS "EDITED-OUT" IN THIS RETORT. 

(edited)

Fl_retire

ACE - Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

4分前

@WhySoMuch When you complain that AT&T notifies individuals that they are shutting down their 3G network and a user’s phone will no longer work and most new phones being sold are 5G capable. There are other non English speaking individuals than Russian. Would you want customer support to be required  to speak every spoken language?

• 

8 Messages

4分前

@FI_retire... ANOTHER PERSON "ASSUMING" SOMETHING I'M NOT ASKING FOR! DID I SAY I WANTED NON-ENGLISH...RUSSIAN SPEAKING TELEPHONE REP??? NO I DID NOT! SO...JUST "RETIRE" YOURSELF FROM ANY ADDITIONAL COMMENTS YOU HAVE...I'M NOT ASKING FOR YOUR "ACE" ADVICE! 

Fl_retire

ACE - Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

4分前

@WhySoMuch Like I said earlier there is no way that AT&T can upgrade all the towers is the US in a month or less. You knew that the upgrade was coming and are still waiting until when (28 February 2020) to upgrade?

There are plenty of inexpensive non 5G phones for sale. If you do move to another carrier they are shutting down their 3G network also. You can check other carriers to see if your current phones after requesting AT&T unlocking them will work on their network or purchase new phones. 

(edited)

• 

8 Messages

4分前

@Fl_retire ... ALREADY KNOW ALL THIS! DON'T WORRY ABOUT HOW & WHEN I'M UPGRADING! I'D WORRY THAT APPARENTLY YOU CAN'T READ...AND/OR FOLLOW  DIRECTIONS!!! LOL! 

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

28.4K Messages

4分前

APPARENTLY YOU CAN'T READ...AND/OR FOLLOW  DIRECTIONS!!! LOL! 

You're not in a position to give directions.  And the pot is definitely calling the kettle black.  You're not followed the instructions to get a phone that doesn't require 3G to complete calls.

THEY EDITED OUT MY "(Edited per community guidelines)" COMMENT...DUE TO THEIR "COMMUNITY STANDARDS"! (Edited per community guidelines)??? WHAT'S WRONG WITH MENTIONING A POTENTIAL "(Edited per community guidelines)"???

Again, discussions of legal matters are not allowed per the community guidelines.  Any such reference will be edited out.  Who's not reading?

(edited)

• 

8 Messages

4分前

@JefferMC... Boy..."ACE" (another one)...are ya being a little "self-righteous"..."sanctimonious"???  Me giving directions??? Where's that being done? I see YOU giving me directions...ala..."You can run with it, or get out of the way"...as just one! 

I did not ask anyone for their advice on getting a new phone...said nothing of a lack of knowledge on the upcoming 3G change to 5G....did not mention anything about requiring AT&T to upgrade all towers in their network in a month or so ("demand" as FI_retire mentioned)...nor say anything about requiring AT&T's customer service reps to speak a variety of languages and other "assumed" remarks I made or queries I had!

To me it certainly looks like some of you can't read or maybe just don't "understand"(well maybe "Sandblaster" can and also not be so pious as yourself). I made, IMO, just a rational remark about potential issues that could come up as a result of AT&T's random blocking of outgoing calls on some customer's older 3G phones...thinking maybe there are others w/the same issue! THAT'S IT!

FYI, the "L*W SU*T" mention was an unknown to me as a violation...and mentioning more than once was just a test! Now...as far as me not being in a position to give directions...GUESS WHAT???...I AM! Here's one: "You ACE...may KMA!"

Now on the gentle side of my retort. I guess...initially all of the 3 responders intent was that of "good intent"...but 2 of 3 failed eventually in that! 

(edited)

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

28.4K Messages

4分前

"You can run with it, or get out of the way"

That's not a direction.  That's describing your choices.

FYI, the "L*W SU*T" mention was an unknown to me as a violation

When you signed up for a community account, you agreed to abide by the Community Guidelines, and were given a link to them to read.  The following text is in these guidelines:

The Community Forum is not a venue for discussion of legal matters. Therefore, no such discussions are permitted. We reserve the right to delete inappropriate material.

If you didn't know this, then that's on you.

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.