ATT'S MISERABLE CUSTOMER SERVICE !
We are long-time AT&T customers. Our account number is XXXXXXXXX
The 7 year-old, out-of-contract Samsung Infuse on XXXXX is failing to charge on an intermittent basis and I need answers to several questions: (And I HAVE replaced the battery!)
1. Do you have ANY plans for replacement phones equivalent to a Samsung S7 THAT DO NOT REQUIRE A 2 YEAR CONTRACT? If you DO NOT have the S7 or equivalent, please advise what you DO offer (again WITHOUT a 2-year contract).
2. If I purchase outright an UNLOCKED S7 from a 3rd party, what is your charge for a SIM CARD for that phone?
3. As you will see from our billing records, neither my wife nor I use much or any data. Do you offer a plan with a lower data usage at a saving to us?
4. If you cannot respond to this communication, IMMEDIATELY respond to me via email at XXXXXX with the separate costs to TERMINATE our current contract and pay off the S7 on which a balance is still owed.
My records indicate that, as of 8/2018, we are 20 payments through our current 24-month contract at the end of which we will have 6 more payments on her 30-month S7 contract.
Here's where we are:
- If you cannot offer us some relief/satisfaction based on the above recap, at the expiration of our current 24-month contract in approximately January, 2019, we shall pay off the balance on her S7 and leave AT&T for another, more responsive provider.
Awaiting what I sincerely hope is a prompt response from one of the 4 of 5 human beings still employed in your horribly misnamed "Customer Service Department" (probably located in a small un-air-conditioned shack somewhere in Morroco), I am,
Frustrated and angry soon-to-be FORMER AT&T customer,
PS: I'll soon be 79 years old and I sure don't have time to waste chatting on-line.
I need an email response to XXXXXX If you, unlike nearly everyone in the western world, do not have an email capability, respond with a text to S's phone at