The Samsung Galaxy S24
ladybug209's profile

Mentor

• 

33 Messages

Thursday, June 13th, 2019 5:42 AM

AT&T VoLTE and HD voice for samsung unlocked devices?

Hello AT&T I would like to know if AT&T is currently working on activating Samsung unlocked devices for VoLTE like the S9, note 9 and S10+ unlocked devices? I know there is a memo on AT&T system that they are working on activating VoLTE on all unlocked devices?

Mentor

• 

33 Messages

5 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76 no with samsung CSC with other phone they have their own configuration. Nope nope nope if thTs the case why doesn pixel 2 still no wifi calling but have one with the rest pixel 3. IMS has to be included in the firmware and the network will regiester your imei as capable. Galaxy S10 last month no VoLTE after septsmber update VoLTE triggers the switch. AT&T made IMS on their own aside from the android standard if there is any it is not just by whitelisted it. You even said Note 10 has VoLTE now stop spreading fake info it iwll jot happened unless the phone updates a software.

Mentor

• 

33 Messages

5 years ago

@pgrey @GLIMMERMAN76 whatever you guys believe in, believe it, but final statement IMS code on at&t needs to load in a firmware it could not be full but needs to be in the firmware for AT&T to trigger the provisioned.... When cricket wireless started allowing HD voice all of its previous devices needs to be updated to get VoLTE I know because i was with cricket back then I can see on the provisioned menu active but no volte enable after the software update VoLTE works which took them 8 months to enable. Believe what you believe in you will be waiting for years to wait for nothing, software has to be updated by manufacturer.

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

5 years ago

*If this (or another post in this thread) fixes your problem/issue, please mark it as "accept-solution", and I'll tag it, to make it easier for others to find the answer(s). FYI: I'm an AT&T end-user, just like most of us in the forum. Thanks.@ladybug209@ladybug209 IF this were true, then the "SIM swap trick" wouldn't work, ever, right?

Did you look at the code-class that I referenced, this is straight from the OS Android project?

If you think it's not this, IN THE CODE, then please reference that?

I'm only "believing" what Google wrote, and is open-sourced...

The menus can only do what they implement on the back-end, there's simply no other option, unless you've been hacked or something, with another driver in the call-stack.

Google can only respect the override, if AT&T (or any other carrier) implements it, those are the "rules" (of coding, in general), and without those, everything breaks-down, fast (and they've been around longer then I have...).

I might r00t my OP7, just so I can produce the trace, I just have to find a friend that's got an iOS/branded ATT device, in order to show the "list exclusion" happening, in the stack, right after their code figures out that my IMEI doesn't match, anymore...

Would you believe it if I post the stack?

Mentor

• 

33 Messages

5 years ago

@pgrey The sim swap works for a while until the network refresh that the IMEI is not registered for "proper" provisioning. enable for AT&T to trigger VoLTE the software has to encode it to the software and when the sim card scan the phone it will say yes this phone is good to go. It has been like this for AT&T I have been with cricket when they first launch VoLTE all of their previous devices do not get VoLTE it will take months for them to ask the manufacture to update a software because if it is just simple as whitelisted it should work right away from the 1st day of launch on cricket wireless. I can see the phone provisoned for volte on cricket but not VoLTE enable when calling it took 8 months. 

By the way my S10 when I first inserted my sim card VoLTE did not work right away i checked the provisioning menu it is active so I enable airplane mode to refresh the network and boom VoLTE works and IMS is properly registered. Here are the settings of the IMS on S10 it is different than the ones with S10 AT&T version.

20190914_153733.jpgScreenshot_20190914-154423_IMS Settings.jpgScreenshot_20190915-111842_Settings.jpg

3 Attachments

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

@ladybug209 

You need to learn how Android works.  Not everything is Samsung garbage.  Your pixel 2 got volte when good encoded the ims they are using now.  You can make a u1 s series phone get WiFi calling if you flash the universal csc file to the phone.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

@ladybug209   Yeah, right.  My 6t said VoLTE was provisioned in settings too.  But in fact did not anymore.  I can also get it to say Wifi calling is provisioned and on, but it does not work.  

Says both are on with Verizon.  VoLTE actually is, Wifi calling is not.  

We know darn well that AT&T and Verizon could allow Wi-Fi calling and voice over LTE on these devices if they chose. They would rather we purchase their branded devices instead. Since most people use installments it ties people to the carrier for a good number of months and guarantees them a predictable income.  

If customers stop upgrading through carriers and stop buying branded devices it might force carriers to bend 

Mentor

• 

33 Messages

5 years ago

@lizdance40 How many times I have to explain this to people who doesnt know how AT&T implement IMS geez... The phone may see provisioned and all but the carrier will say nope we dont know this phone IMS so VoLTE disabled i have to explain this as simple as possible. 

@pgrey NO NO NO NOOOOOOO... wifi calling is another thing of provisioning as well it needs to have "PROPER" code AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN...

Let me be clear all here. Most all new phones that is design to work in the USA have IMS settings for USA network but the issue is that Carrier will have to PROPER provisioning the device THIS IS MAINLY BECAUSE OF SECURITY PURPOSES the E911, Carriers will be fined millions if 911 calls will not go through or the address is not registering this depends on carrier how they implement it those type of things needs to be in the firmware and this also depends on how the carrier implement it. Authority cannot locate the call if it is using VoIP it may but may takes weeks.

@lizdance40 @GLIMMERMAN76 @pgrey Please look at my pictures and screenshots I have posted and look closely. I have to post those screenshots so you know what I am talking about which I thought you already know all these.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

I suggest you read what pgrey posted.   That explains Android and ims registration.  Att does not need to at any firmware to a phone.   I know for a fact one+ is not adding any junk Att code to phones but guess what pgrey has had volte longer than a S10 u1 addition.

Mentor

• 

33 Messages

5 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76  study the screenshots i posted.

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

5 years ago

@ladybug209 wrote:

@pgrey The sim swap works for a while until the network refresh that the IMEI is not registered for "proper" provisioning. enable for AT&T to trigger VoLTE the software has to encode it to the software and when the sim card scan the phone it will say yes this phone is good to go. It has been like this for AT&T I have been with cricket when they first launch VoLTE all of their previous devices do not get VoLTE it will take months for them to ask the manufacture to update a software because if it is just simple as whitelisted it should work right away from the 1st day of launch on cricket wireless. I can see the phone provisoned for volte on cricket but not VoLTE enable when calling it took 8 months. 

@ladybug209  Did you know, that if you call in, and get a T2 tech to put in an IMEI, say from a "branded AT&T S9", that you can pretty much use all these "advanced features" (VoLTE, WiFiC, VVM, etc...), for months, perhaps years?

Hmm, it's almost like they put in a "good IMEI", and it "lets it work", forever, weird...  ;-]

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.