The Samsung Galaxy S24
ladybug209's profile

Mentor

• 

33 Messages

Thursday, June 13th, 2019 5:42 AM

AT&T VoLTE and HD voice for samsung unlocked devices?

Hello AT&T I would like to know if AT&T is currently working on activating Samsung unlocked devices for VoLTE like the S9, note 9 and S10+ unlocked devices? I know there is a memo on AT&T system that they are working on activating VoLTE on all unlocked devices?

Mentor

• 

33 Messages

4 years ago

@telecomdave i am talking about USA unlocked S10 only.. turn on/off airplane mode or restart the phone... Or Dial *#*#4636#*#* and see if VoLTE is provisioned!

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

@ladybug209 yes it does say VoLTE is provisioned in the service menu. Could the problem be that I'm on Att prepaid? Also under mobile connections, there's still no toggle for volte... I remember with tmobile that option was there on my phone.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

VoLTE appears now as of this morning to be working on my Galaxy S10 unlocked device!

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

4 years ago

@telecomdave wrote:

VoLTE appears now as of this morning to be working on my Galaxy S10 unlocked device!

My source tells me its a SLOW rollout and I mean SLOW.  It does sound like any phone that supports it may get it but they will have to have a stopping point.

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

4 years ago

@ladybug209 

Sprint has a list, on their site, Fi has a list, T-Mobile has a list (they have it on that sub-site SpectrumMobile, and their list is HUGE), and Verizon is saying they will have a list, soon.

Verizon has enabled a TON of devices in the past few months, we all know T-Mobile already allows almost anything that supports VoLTE and WiFC/Text, etc, Fi's list has gotten quite large, quickly, for such a small "volume" carrier, IMO.

Where's AT&T's talk of one, even saying they might, or a public statement saying they're going to enable all "capable phones"?

Without these lists, and the advent of VoLTE being required (due to 3G sunsetting), how in the world would someone know what phone to buy, or if their phone they're bringing here, traveling, will work? 

They're just supposed to get a SIM, and go test a bunch of phones?

@lizdance40 Did they ever get your OnePlus 6T, that I'm pretty sure WAS working, but then just "failed to provision one day", working again?  

Just sayin', this is a HUGE mess, and right now, they're the ONLY carrier that doesn't seem to be moving forward, in any sort of "customer compatible" way.  Please correct me, if I'm wrong or have missed something here...

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

4 years ago

@telecomdave wrote:

@telecomdave Yeah, your new SIM would've triggered a provision, regardless, so that's good news, you're squared-away (hopefully it "sticks")!

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

4 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76 wrote:

@telecomdave wrote:

My source tells me its a SLOW rollout and I mean SLOW.  It does sound like any phone that supports it may get it but they will have to have a stopping point.

Yeah, this is my gut-feel, too, from some reading on XDA and a few other places.  

But, they're marching rapidly to the point they said they will no longer activate non-VoLTE-compatible devices (whatever that is for them?), and there's simply NO way, that I can find, for a customer to figure it out?
I just don't think that basing your phone purchase/use, off some random postings, in a forum(s), is a practical way for customers to know if their phone will work?

Mentor

• 

33 Messages

4 years ago

@pgrey Those lists are not official unless they are all carrier branded phones it does not include unlockde but you know what do whatever you want to believe you will be stressing yourself for nothing. "all capable phones" S10 unlocked has it so means it is true!!

@telecomdave VoLTE has been working since last week i dont know how it triggers but I am sure after the software udpate and VoLTE starts working if you toggle airplane mode ON/OFF. if S10+ got VoLTE surely the rest of unlocked samsung will have it just like Verizon wifi calling it starts with S9 unlocked and now note 9/10 and s10 have it.

VoLTE works on AT&T and Cricket Wireless even on Prepaid AT&T I am on prepaid. you just need to toggle airplane mode On/Off to trigger VoLTE to refresh the network.

@GLIMMERMAN76 Due to CEO and Management issues and all the strikes AT&T have today everything might be delayed. But this is a good start to have VoLTE on unlocked samsung. I am expecting future updates on samsung devices will get VoLTE be end of this year and Wifi-calling on Android 10.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

4 years ago

@ladybug209 wrote:

@pgrey Those lists are not official unless they are all carrier branded phones it does not include unlockde but you know what do whatever you want to believe you will be stressing yourself for nothing. "all capable phones" S10 unlocked has it so means it is true!!

@telecomdave VoLTE has been working since last week i dont know how it triggers but I am sure after the software udpate and VoLTE starts working if you toggle airplane mode ON/OFF. if S10+ got VoLTE surely the rest of unlocked samsung will have it just like Verizon wifi calling it starts with S9 unlocked and now note 9/10 and s10 have it.

VoLTE works on AT&T and Cricket Wireless even on Prepaid AT&T I am on prepaid. you just need to toggle airplane mode On/Off to trigger VoLTE to refresh the network.

@GLIMMERMAN76 Due to CEO and Management issues and all the strikes AT&T have today everything might be delayed. But this is a good start to have VoLTE on unlocked samsung. I am expecting future updates on samsung devices will get VoLTE be end of this year and Wifi-calling on Android 10.

@ladybug209 

I doubt ATT will enable wifi calling they will still use it as a tool to sell phones.  They are making VoLTE work because of the looming 1/2020 deadline they made for no more 3g phone activations.  They are doing it because of that nothing more.  And I just tested a note 10 and it had VoLTE now.  Its unbranded and works like it should.  No software updates they just white-listed the phones.

Mentor

• 

33 Messages

4 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76 No way note 10 Unlocked as well?? Proof? screenshots of provisioned?... Nope I triple checked on my Note 10 unlocked no VoLTE as of now.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.