Our Community Forums will be closing on June 27, 2024. Please visit att.com/support for all your support needs.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
ladybug209's profile

Mentor

• 

33 Messages

Thursday, June 13th, 2019 5:42 AM

AT&T VoLTE and HD voice for samsung unlocked devices?

Hello AT&T I would like to know if AT&T is currently working on activating Samsung unlocked devices for VoLTE like the S9, note 9 and S10+ unlocked devices? I know there is a memo on AT&T system that they are working on activating VoLTE on all unlocked devices?

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

5 years ago

@ladybug209 wrote:

AT&T says they will allow VoLTE on all phones but the roll out is very slow. They say you need to have a phone that support VoLTE i presumed if you have VoLTE on tmobile and it's unlocked it might work. Galaxy S10 unlocked just got VoLTE of all samsung unlocked phones. VoLTE just pop-up last week.

@ladybug209 Yeah, maybe, I'm just not that convinced, I've seen posts about that, on XDA and such, but no real "action".

Our OP6 and 5T will work great, with full VoLTE AND WiFiC, on T-Mobile, right now, and have for a long time, since their release-dates (and TMo did not sell the 5T, for example).

If they're turning off 3G sites, to re-purpose them, what in the heck are you supposed to do, in the meantime???

It's not like they're "unaware" of this, they're running the whole show, and know *exactly* what the deal is here, right?

Have you seen ANY communication, from AT&T, about this, perhaps a list of which phones are going to be enabled, when?
How in the world would you know what to buy, new, used, or otherwise (unless you're an iOS person)?

ACE - Sage

• 

118.3K Messages

5 years ago

@pgrey  My faith went out the window when I lost Volte on the 6t and couldn’t get it back.  And looking at my new bill, I’m not crying about the switch.

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

5 years ago

@lizdance40 wrote:

@pgrey  My faith went out the window when I lost Volte on the 6t and couldn’t get it back.  And looking at my new bill, I’m not crying about the switch.

@lizdance40 Yeah, mine went "out the window" about a year ago, same deal, it became apparent to me that AT&T (at least from ANY source I could find) didn't really care about BYOD anymore, beyond (VERY) basic-service, and it was going to stay that way.  Really, it's getting much worse, as 3G installations are retired, and they appear to be refusing to even talk to Google, about RCS (despite multiple attempts, and public postings, from Google VPs).

I'm headed the same way as you, I have 3 months to find a "screaming deal" on some 3a's, and then I'll (sadly) sell off the 5T and 6...

My bill will be a bit more, but I'm almost positive my coverage will be better, and I suspect WiFiC will be working soon, too, so yeah, it's a "weird moment" in mobile service, in the US, if you ask me.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

Did you change any settings to get VoLTE to work? I have a Samsung Galaxy S10 unlocked but doesn't appear to be getting VoLTE. I've done a reset. Any other suggestions?

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

5 years ago

@telecomdave 

Sprinkle some sesame seeds in a circle, around the phone (yeah, sorry, I'm being a bit goofy/trite here...)?

Call AT&T, and ask them to try and re-provision your phone, and see if it "sticks", could at least be worth trying...

Have you tried using the menu here? https://www.androidcentral.com/how-enable-volte-galaxy-s10

I suspect AT&T has disabled the menu, through provisioning, but it's worth at least checking (along with the above re-provision by a CSR).

I don't know what phones they allow, unlocked, right now, no one does, or no one that's admitted it, publicly, except for the Pixel 2/3 series (but NOT the 3a, for some really, really weird/unknown reason), and iOS devices.

@GLIMMERMAN76 any ideas?

Mentor

• 

33 Messages

5 years ago

@pgrey Did you miss I mentioned a few times that Galaxy S10 U1 unlocked now have VoLTE on AT&T?

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

5 years ago

@ladybug209 wrote:

@pgrey Did you miss I mentioned a few times that Galaxy S10 U1 unlocked now have VoLTE on AT&T?

@ladybug209 

Yep, I sure did.  I also see many people struggling to get this to work, some with the OnePlus 6T as well as the S10 unlocked, for examples, both of which were/was supposed to be supported, right?

This is where I think this is a game of "whack-a-mole" with unlocked phones right now, on AT&T, except with the Pixel 2/3 (but not the 3a, I 110% do NOT understand that, at all, except that it was an "economic exclusion", that's my best guess on the Pixel 3a?).

My OP7 Pro works, but if I'd bet a LOT of money, that if I call AT&T CS, they will tell me it won't, care to wager?  Kidding, just kidding, but really, I truly don't get how the consumer is supposed to figure this out?

Where does it say that your "S10 U1" is supported, by AT&T?

To that end, where does it say that my "OP7 Pro" will work, too, clearly they've collaborated on this, or it wouldn't, right?  But I sure can't find ANY mention of it a "working device", anywhere on AT&T's site?

What if I want to recommend a "sub $300" unlocked phone to someone, that supports VoLTE, on AT&T, is that even possible, with the current (non) list of unlocked devices?

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

5 years ago

@lizdance40 Didn't you have this *exact* same thing happen, with your OnePlus 6T, where it worked, and then "mysteriously" stopped working, with no good reason given?

There are a LOT of posts about the 6T/ATT thing, on the OnePlus forums, about the same issue, LOTS of them.

Without a "supported list", I think this "unlocked phone selection" deal is utter-nonsense, except with the two Pixel series, 2/3, and again NOT the 3a?

@ladybug209 I mean zero disrespect here, I'm just looking for the facts (i.e. "supported list"), truly.

What if I go to NAPA, and buy their brake pads, for my Subaru, and install them, they "just work", right?  Just as well (and in some cases, better) as if I'd paid 10x for them, at the Subaru dealer.  Subaru works with all these aftermarket vendors, to make sure things "just work", per-spec, and they cannot claim that it violates your warranty, or whatever, that is a myth, and is known to be illegal.

AT&T has said they will not be activating non-VoLTE devices, starting 2/20 (you can find this statement, from them, very easily), but they have not published a single compatible device, that I'm aware of, beyond the Pixel series, and maybe a couple of (pretty dated now, by several years) HTC devices.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

Yeah I tried having them reprovision. The rep screwed things up so bad, I lost all voice and data service and ended up having to go to the ATT store this afternoon to get a new sim card. So I guess I'll just wait and see if anything happens automatically.

Mentor

• 

33 Messages

5 years ago

@pgrey No network will  officially release every VoLTE capable device unless it is branded.. Galaxy S10 unlocked U1 is officially working on both AT&T and Cricket wireless tested by reviewers and myself. on samsung phones you can see the IMS profile that is is registered and profile is there for IMS. we have posted this on reddit. https://www.reddit.com/r/ATT/comments/d480xs/volte_on_galaxy_s10_unlocked_u1_model/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

AT&T business division leaked it early this year that "all phones on AT&T will get VoLTE by end of this year" 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.