The Samsung Galaxy S24
ladybug209's profile

Mentor

• 

33 Messages

Thursday, June 13th, 2019 5:42 AM

AT&T VoLTE and HD voice for samsung unlocked devices?

Hello AT&T I would like to know if AT&T is currently working on activating Samsung unlocked devices for VoLTE like the S9, note 9 and S10+ unlocked devices? I know there is a memo on AT&T system that they are working on activating VoLTE on all unlocked devices?

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

So just global phones?  That is a really short list (and looks different from the one I got in my email, https://www.att.com/ecms/dam/att/consumer/help/pdf/Devices-Working-on-ATT-Network.pdf).  This also excludes almost all dumb phones, of which I have two on my family plan.

ACE - Guru

• 

1.2K Messages

4 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76 list is a different list - specific to unlocked phones. Yours is the whole list.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

4 years ago

The list I posted shows the services unlocked phones will get.  Yours shows Volte devices that will work after the change over.

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

So, I have an Galaxy S10 factory unlocked and I only have HD Voice but not WIFI Calling on my phone with the ATT SIM and doesn't matter how many times I call/chat with them, it doesn't work. However, looks like from your att document, it should work with a software upgrade.

Galaxy S101 (G973U1) 

Has this started working for anyone?

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I have Samsung s10+ also.

its says in document

1Indicates devices that require a software update to enable HD Voice, Wi-Fi Calling, Video Call, Advanced Messaging or 5G.Last updated December 15, 2021

yet here I am no VOLTE enabled on unlocked Samsung s10+ using AT&T sim card.

and where are we supposed to get the software update from?

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

switched to Verizon and my VOLTE settings and IMS are enabled. phone works great again.

something has to do with Samsung phones and AT&T sim cards and towers.

(edited)

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

My Samsung S-20 5g worked on their "network" until this morning. Even though the phone was purchased less than three months ago, worked well for the last 3 months on LTE / 4G and is on the published - approved device list it would appear that they have now chosen to classify the handset as a 3G phone in their IMEI registration system because it is a manufacturer procured "unlocked device", and we all know that AT&T doesn't play well with BYOD equipment as they want to "strong arm" you into buying it from them - and this is the manner they are choosing to do it.  Given the new designation as of this morning they have now deemed the phone to be unsupportable, yesterday it was supportable - no notice, no warning, no nothing. I was told in no uncertain terms that its AT&T's game, their rules and they can change them any time they like. AT&T - what goes around...comes around.

• 

13 Messages

2 years ago

@drj9999 I feel you on that. Samsung S20 5g owner too. Mine is an unlocked Verizon device.  Worked alright with my old S7's simcard from AT&T since I bought it last April. Didn't get to use all of it's advanced features but was satisfied. Got knocked off AT&Ts network last week. They kicked my phone to the curb lol! But honestly,  I'm glad they did.  I switched to T-Mobile today , and am amazed at how advanced our S20 really is. All of it's great features are working just fine. Wifi calling,Wifi video calling,5g, HD voice... it's great. I'm glad I didn't give up on my little pink s20. I love my phone.

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.