Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
ladybug209

Mentor

• 

33 Messages

Thu, Jun 13, 2019 5:42 AM

AT&T VoLTE and HD voice for samsung unlocked devices?

Hello AT&T I would like to know if AT&T is currently working on activating Samsung unlocked devices for VoLTE like the S9, note 9 and S10+ unlocked devices? I know there is a memo on AT&T system that they are working on activating VoLTE on all unlocked devices?

Responses

• 

1 Message

4 months ago

Anyone know if the unlocked version of the Galaxy A10e will get VoLTE?  We just bought one from Walmart, got a new sim which AT&T installed. No VoLTE and no IMS registration. 

Model is SM-A102U1. 

Found a PDF and it said that the A102U and the A102UC were supported. Of course this was after the purchase.  :( 

Would appreciate any info.  Might have to return it.

(edited)

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

20.7K Messages

4 months ago

At this point no

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

5 Messages

4 months ago

Have an unlocked S9+ that is currently working fine but I got an email from AT&T letting me know that once the switchover happens, it will no longer work.  I am far more attached to being able to use unlocked phones than I am to AT&T.

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

20.7K Messages

4 months ago

what model s9+ is the question?

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

5 Messages

4 months ago

It's an exynos version with a custom rom.

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

20.7K Messages

4 months ago

Yelp it won't work on att after Feb 2021

• 

5 Messages

4 months ago

Ok Google, remind me to cancel AT&T on January 30th 2021.

(edited)

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

20.7K Messages

4 months ago

it wont work because its the exynos version of the phone.  If it was a U1 that samsung sells unlocked in the states then it would work just fine.  It may have trouble on other carriers also.

• 

5 Messages

4 months ago

From what I've gathered about this change, it affects all unlocked phones rooted or not since only phones bought through AT&T are in the database and ahve access to HD voice.

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

20.7K Messages

4 months ago

Nope just non US Samsung phones.

(Edited per community guidelines) has nothing to do with it anymore its about HDvoice as ATT call VoLTE

Its not like there is not a list to use

https://www.att.com/ecms/dam/att/consumer/help/pdf/Service-Capabilities-Unlocked-Devices-ATT-Network.pdf

(edited)

• 

5 Messages

4 months ago

So just global phones?  That is a really short list (and looks different from the one I got in my email, https://www.att.com/ecms/dam/att/consumer/help/pdf/Devices-Working-on-ATT-Network.pdf).  This also excludes almost all dumb phones, of which I have two on my family plan.

joeldf

ACE - Guru

• 

548 Messages

4 months ago

@GLIMMERMAN76 list is a different list - specific to unlocked phones. Yours is the whole list.

- Joel
GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

20.7K Messages

4 months ago

The list I posted shows the services unlocked phones will get.  Yours shows Volte devices that will work after the change over.

• 

3 Messages

a month ago

So, I have an Galaxy S10 factory unlocked and I only have HD Voice but not WIFI Calling on my phone with the ATT SIM and doesn't matter how many times I call/chat with them, it doesn't work. However, looks like from your att document, it should work with a software upgrade.

Galaxy S101 (G973U1) 

Has this started working for anyone?

Get started...

Ask a new question