Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
jevaughn's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, September 27th, 2014 4:02 PM

AT&T Sent out Corrupt Update

SIM Card Removed, Reboot.... This is a message I'm getting 2-3 times a day lately.  When it first started, I did a factory reset, that didn't fix it.  A few days later I went to the AT&T store and got a new SIM, that didn't work either, but the store rep said it's been something they've seen a lot of lately and asked if I downloaded the recent update (which I had) and he said that there were some other issues with that as well and they were working on another update to fix it.  That update came and I installed it.  Still having the problem.  Called Tech Support, when I mentioned a SIM card error, he filled in the blanks knowing exactly what the problem is, having fielded quite a few similar calls.  Typical try a factory reset, try new SIM, try new patch, but it's been a problem with a lot of owners and to call warranty and see if they can help.  Call warranty, phone is out of warranty and even though they "feel bad that I'm my phone is messed up since latest patch"  they tell me I can upgrade through the Next program or buy a new phone.  I have insurance, so I could also file a claim, either way I'm paying out of pocket for something that AT&T and Samsung messed up with a firmware update.  I know that AT&T has recently launched several new phones, not least of which is their beloved iPhone with it's 6th rendition, but I don't want an iPhone I just want my phone to work after they admittedly damaged it with a firmware update.

I'm a contractor, I need my phone to work for business.  More important than that, I'm a father of three and need to be able to be reached by the children or their schools.  There is no warning, no vibration or alarm when the phone quits reading the SIM, just an error message on a screen I can't see unless I'm actively looking at my phone.  I've missed work calls on multiple occassions and each time it has a potential to cost me money.  God forbid my kids can't get ahold of me in an emergency.  Quite frankly, AT&T broke my phone.  AT&T reps have acknowledged that it's been a common issue since the update caused from the update they pushed out over the air.  Why should I be spending hundreds of dollars to replace a phone that they broke?

Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

10 years ago

What phone model?

Scholar

• 

152 Messages

10 years ago

I was unaware AT&T did firmware updates on the phone software.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Samsung Galaxy S4.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.