Our Community Forums will be closing on June 27, 2024. Please visit att.com/support for all your support needs.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
irfan.m9011's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Friday, December 1st, 2017 2:09 PM

At&t Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Network Unlock

Hi,

I’ve an AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge phone. I requested AT&T for network unlock and they emailed me the unlock code. Followed the given instructions to unlock the device and was successfully able to unlock it. Used the phone on a different network for a day and for some reason had to restart the device. After restarting the device I don’t get the network and I’m unable to make or receive calls. I kindly request to help me with the mentioned issue.

Regards,
Irfan M

ACE - Sage

• 

118.3K Messages

7 years ago

Sounds like a problem with your new service, not the unlock.  

Unless you bought a used phone that has been reported lost or stolen.   

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Yes it’s a used phone but it’s clean. Neither reported nor stolen. I’ve the box and the details of the person who sold it. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

ACE - Sage

• 

118.3K Messages

7 years ago

Did you run it again today?   Have you contacted your current carrier?

once unlocked a phone does not lock again.  

The only other possible problem is you are using an incompatible phone.  Most ATT phones are GSM only and will not work on a CDMA network, as if the case with the Samsung 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Yes I tried again but it didn’t work. And I’m using a GSM sim card and it did work for a day. I was able to make and receive calls but  after restarting the phone it’s not working. 

ACE - Sage

• 

118.3K Messages

7 years ago

I meant did you check Swappa 

does the phone say 

no service

sim not compatible

network blocked

??

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Yes I checked Swappa and it doesn’t appear to be blacklisted or reported stolen. 

I don’t see network bars and I’m unable to make or receive calls. 

ACE - Sage

• 

118.3K Messages

7 years ago

If it were locked it would say incompatible sim.   

What carrier?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I am trying to get my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge phone unlocked. I am switching carriers and contacted AT&T for the unlock code. After many attempts they finally sent it to me. I went to my new carrier they inserted their SIM card and put in the unlock code that was provided to me from AT&T and it still locked. Any suggestions

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I need help how to reach to get a unlock code..i gor this phone from eBay and they said its unlocked and i did drop my som in and it asked for a code to unlock or to any carrier..but the problem i dont have a contract or anything enrolled with them...some one plz help

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.