Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
The epic new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G is available for preorder now!
S

• 

5 Messages

Thu, Nov 26, 2020 8:46 PM

ATT Samsung G930A Galaxy S7 unlock issue

I have an old S7 that I was going to take to Japan and insert a sim card in order to have a local number.  I requested the unlock code from ATT, which I received along with the instructions.  I enter the numbers on my phone keypad but nothing happens...the device does not cycle off and on.  I have tried just entering; and entering and selecting the call icon.  What am I doing wrong?  Thank you 

We've approved your request to unlock your device. Here are the instructions to complete your unlock:

The unlock code is 14xxxxxxx

• 1. Power off the device and remove the SIM card.

2. Power on the device.

3. Enter #0111*, the unlock code, and #. The device cycles off and back on.

Note: You are allowed five attempts to unlock before your device permanently locks to the AT&T network.

Responses

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

81.5K Messages

2 months ago

Does it instruct you to use a non AT&T SIM card? 

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

5 Messages

2 months ago

The ATT unlock instructions received are exactly as above.  A japanese sim card is not ATT. I do not have the sim card yet.  It will be purchased upon arrival in Japan in 2 months. Plz note the just received instructions do not state to put the new sim card in prior to entering the codes.

Thanks

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

81.5K Messages

2 months ago

Try typing this instead:

#7465625*638#

After you type that you should see a box pop up that asks you to enter the unlock code that AT&T gave you.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

5 Messages

2 months ago

I had tried that but no, no box pops up.  If I tap the call button I get Emergency calls only.

Get started...

Ask a new question