• 

6 Messages

Tue, Apr 7, 2020 10:20 PM

AT&T Note 8 oreo 8.0??

Why aren't they updated to 9.0 pie?? A flagship device stuck on software from a year ago. I have service here in the usa...what is the freaking problem...does AT&T (Edited per community guidelines) that bad??

Responses

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

19.5K Messages

2 months ago

do you have service direct from att?

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

6 Messages

Yes. Direct.

• 

6 Messages

Any advice on this??
GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

19.5K Messages

did you have them add the IMEI of the phone to your account?

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

6 Messages

I went into an AT&T store and opened a new line. They had to use my emei number to activate.
GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

19.5K Messages

@Cblake40 Did you buy the phone 3rd party?

joeldf

ACE - Guru

• 

472 Messages

2 months ago

The Note 8 was updated to Pie from AT&T a year ago. Released on March 28, 2019 in fact.

Your device, however, seems to be one of the many that is apparently invisible to AT&T's update servers for whatever reason that they have yet to fix, or even acknowledge is an issue.

That's assuming you originally bought it from AT&T to begin with. If not, then you need to look at other outside options that we can't bring up on these forums.

- Joel

• 

6 Messages

Well... i did buy it from a third party...but guess what. I got my update last night. So im good. Interestingly enough...after i put extra storage in my device. I had plenty of storage anyways..but it worked for me.
joeldf

ACE - Guru

• 

472 Messages

Strange, but if it worked... go with it.

:)

- Joel