Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

• 

2 Messages

Sat, Jan 18, 2020 3:48 PM

att cancel my wireless service but they want me to continue to pay for service :( :(

How can att service just cancel your wireless service without your permission and they give you excuse we are so so sorry bout your service but they want you to continue to pay for the service but your service in not in service. any suggestion

I don't understand why they cant give me new number since the cancel my wireless phone service.

Responses

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

70.2K Messages

1 month ago

It sounds to me like there's something missing from this story. If your service is suspended for non-payment, that is not the same as being cancelled.
Also because of the way carriers bill, during the bill cycle, it is likely you will owe a bill even after you terminate service and go to another carrier.
And if you were still a customer, but not keeping up with your bill, you would owe for service up to the point AT&T terminated your account, you would also owe for any equipment that you still own

(edited)

🐾 (The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.