Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Get to the head of the class with our Back to School deals!
S

• 

1 Message

Sun, May 31, 2020 7:45 PM

AT&T approved my request to unlock & gave this to go to Feb 4th. still not unlocked, Help Please

Account #(Edited per community guidelines) for a Samsung S8 phone. IME: (Edited per community guidelines). SN: (Edited per community guidelines).

Would you please help me to unlock.

Responses

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

76.5K Messages

a month ago

AT&T would have given you an unlock code which has to be entered into the phone in order to complete the unlock process. Did you get an unlock code?
If you got an unlock code did you follow the directions with a non AT&T SIM card so that you could enter that code and unlock your phone.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

3 Messages

I’m also trying to unlock a phone why do I need to buy a non AT&T SIM card ? Thank you

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

76.5K Messages

@duncan33
The pop up to enter the unlock code on AT&T Androids is not triggered for most phones unless you install a non AT&T SIM card.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

3 Messages

I appreciate your help. I’m so bad at all this stuff. One more question. So I do need to go buy a SIM card ?

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

76.5K Messages

You may be able to avoid paying for another sim card if you have a friend who uses a different carrier other than AT&T. If that friend would be kind enough to loan you a SIM card for a couple of minutes you could complete the unlock that way. (even if the carrier isn't compatible for service)

• 

3 Messages

Thank you so so much !!!!! You are AWESOME

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

76.5K Messages

Glad it worked!

Get started...

Ask a new question