The Samsung Galaxy S24
Vivid's profile

6 Messages

Tuesday, December 5th, 2023 6:10 PM

AT&T ABUSIVE AND MANIPULATIVE!!!!

I bought my phone from AT&T for the full price and sim in August 2023 along Mass Avenue close to MIT where I am. The bills have been unbearable so I decided to move. Went to the shop and asked if my phone was locked and for them to unlock it after having failed to unlock it online. The website apart from telling me that my request had been declined repeatedly said was unavailable. The shop assistant told me the phone was unlocked since I bought it for full price. So I switched my service provider and took my line with me only to find the phone was still locked. Went to the shop again and they told gave me some number to call which I did with a friend's help but continue to be sent from pillar to post. THIS IS REALLY ABUSIVE AND MANIPULATIVE!!! 

Accepted Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

3 months ago

If it was purchased as a prepaid phone, it must be used on the AT&T prepaid system for 6 months before it is eligible for unlocking.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

3 months ago

No its on you as the buyer to understand what you bought.  ATT has never sold unlocked phones EVER?  What was the exact reason the unlock portal gave?

6 Messages

3 months ago

Hi there! The app and website just said DECLINED no explanation at all. The shop attendant told me the phone was unlocked. But when I put in a line it says network locked. It's nearly two weeks now struggling with this issue.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.5K Messages

3 months ago

Is it THIS STORE?  That’s an Authorized Retailer, not a corporate store.

6 Messages

3 months ago

I got it from an AT&T store. Where I also got my sim.

Former Employee

• 

2.5K Messages

3 months ago

Have you met ALL the requirements? 

6 Messages

3 months ago

Bought the phone for full price. Paid the bills over that period. Waited 90 days.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.1K Messages

3 months ago

What is the make and model of the phone you purchased?

Because I'm thinking what @kdfederer  wrote...

6 Messages

3 months ago

It's a Samsung galaxy. 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

3 months ago

model number is need Samsung makes many galaxy phones

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.