Our Community Forum will be shutting down on June 27, 2024. Please visit att.com/support for all your support needs.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
mtshasta's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Friday, August 26th, 2016 3:45 AM

Are You Having Problems Receiving Samsung Smart TV Promotion ?

In April 2016 I upgraded my Samsung Galaxy phone to s7 Edge. 

At the time I was told if I opened a Direct TV account I would receive a free 48” Samsung Smart TV.

It is now August 25, 2016.  I have been trying every month to get the TV. 

This month I made 8 phone calls to AT&T.  The phone calls lasted anywhere from 40 minutes to 1.5 hours.  AT&T would get on the phone to Samsung and I would be promised the TV, or an email, or a phone call – and nothing happens.

Today I was told by AT&T I will not get the TV and they can only credit me with money.

Is anyone else having problems trying to get the promised Samsung TV?

I submitted all the paperwork and information requested in a timely manner.

All along AT&T has tried to avoid the issue, saying it is a Samsung Promotion.  And Samsung says it is an AT&T promotion.  AT&T was the one who told me about the promotion and signed me up for the promotion.

What to do now?  What is my recourse?

I would like to hear if other people are having the same problems.

Thank you

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Same here. Just spent most of the afternnonwith both att and samsung. They are pointing the finger at each other, and no one is rectifying the problem. I'm ready to take the phone back for breach of contract.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

By the way...I have a claim number for my TV from the At&t store and still I am being told they dont know what to do. Send the stupid TV.. thats what you do! I have been given sich a run around on this. I cannot understand why At&t and Samsung don't do the right thing.

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

8 years ago

AT&T tells me that "Your info has all been validated on our end" and Samsung says "Everything is fine on our end". Hmmm...if all info had been validated on BOTH ends, WHY AM I GETTING REJECTED?! This is nothing but a scam. When I call Samsung, they assure me that I am perfect on their end but I must contact AT&T at a specific phone number (to reach the specific dept that deals with the promotion). So...I take that number and make a conference call with the Samsung agent. I've done it twice now. Even tho AT&T validated my accounts over the phone (to the samsung rep)...it's STILL NOT GOOD ENOUGH! Apparently, Samsungs Data base (which AT&T send the approval to) is messed up. HOW IS THIS THE CUSTOMERS PROBLEM?! I've talked to over 88 people (between Samsung and EVERY SINGLE AT&T DEPARTMENT) and have spent OVER 24 hours on the phone. I have a notebook full of names and numbers of who I've been told "You must contact to receive your TV". To this day, after abiding by ALL Qualifications....I'm still rejected. Makes no sense!!!! Such a scam! These companies don't seem to care either.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Have all the same here we just called BBB about it so maybe if everyone would do the same something might get done.

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

8 years ago

Update 9/23/16: Still NO TV! I'm up to about 97 representatives (that I have spoken to between Samsung & AT&T). My phone calls have exceeded 24 hrs, at this point. My last resort (since I was told by Samsung that it's AT&T denying my submission) was that I called AT&T and spoke to their retention department and said I want to cancel my TV service with them. Long story short, the AT&T retention department had called Samsung on a conference call (the AT&T lady sounded just like Nancy Grace and would NOT allow Samsung to hang up without my TV being approved) and after about an hour and 15 minutes, I was told that Samsung would be approving my submission through their Tier II department. Did it really get approved? IT SURE DID! I checked on the Samsung promotion page and it said my submission was approved and my gift is in route! Woooooo! After a couple days, I emailed Samsung Tier II department and asked for the tracking number. They told me that it was being processed but no tracking info was available. Then, YOU'LL NEVER GUESS WHAT HAPPENED!! I logged back in to the Samsung Promotion site and my submission WAS DENIED!!!! WHAT??!!!! I was LIVID! Good thing I had taken a screen shot of the "approved submission". I wrote Samsung this WONDERFUL email, asking HOW THE $%@! IS MY SUBMISSION DENIED WHEN IT WAS APPROVED?! That this is NOTHING but a scam! I went on about how I have endured the most horrific experience and it's really sad that customers are being treated this way. I explained my entire situation and asked how my submission hoes from denied to approved and then denied. Samsung's response? "This is an AT&T matter. They denied your submission. At this time, your submission is deemed final and you are not eligible for this gift". Basically....a big &%$! YOU, is what they replied with. I truly believe that Samsung is the problem. I originally thought it was AT&T but I believe Samsung is the reason because it's their database that is not accepting the submissions. What to do at this point? Who knows. AT&T did credit me for the TV and they also said that I can continue going after Samsung for the TV but the credit is the LEAST they can do for the problems that I've been put thru.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

I have been having much of the same problems. They sent me a television that was cracked in hundred places on the screen with no assessories. I have sent it back and they say that they are going to send me a new one. I have been waiting since 4/2016 and still no television.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.