Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Get to the head of the class with our Back to School deals!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tue, Dec 2, 2014 8:28 PM

After Android 4.4.4 update, Galaxy Note 3 GPS is terrible

After updating to the 4.4.4 OTA update, the GPS on my phone has been largely unusable.  This morning, for example, I drove an hour into work yet the phone said that it couldn't lock onto a GPS signal.  I now don't even use GPS as it's so bad.  This progresses even after I soft reset the phone. 

What are my options?

Responses

gmorcos37

Explorer

• 

25 Messages

6 years ago

Yup same problem here. Absolutely horrible GPS now, GPS has always been an issue on this phone. There was a huge issue with this last year and 4.4.2 "fixed it" but now this is even worse.
gmorcos37

Explorer

• 

25 Messages

6 years ago

Not just us either, there are a handful of people having the same issue, check out the comments from this article. They are all having GPS issues. http://m.androidcentral.com/att-galaxy-note-3-now-getting-android-444-update-all-its-own

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Same problem here.  I too had the issue with the initial Android version, then I was relieved when 4.4.2 fixed it.  I even hesitated to do the update, since the phone was working so well now.  But I figured, surely they would carry over whatever fixes came with 4.4.2 over to 4.4.4.  LOL!

Anyone know if it's possible to roll back to 4.4.2?  Without losing data and settings of course Smiley Happy

Better yet, AT&T, any chance you are working with Samsung/Google on this and plan to have it resolved for your customers promptly?  ETAs would be nice so we can make a decision on whether or not it's worth the wait.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Good news- I called ATT last night to complain that my GPS was not working on my

Note 3 since the Android 4.44 update on Oct 25, 2014. This morning an update came in fromGoogle Play- I am pleased to report that my GPS is now working perfectly so far. I am not sure if ATT sent the update- but it does not matter. Let's see if this update works- I will keep all posted!

javadave

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

6 years ago

Glad to know I'm not the only one. SMS messaging is having issues for me too. Frankly, after all these issues with the Note 3, I don't think I'll ever get a Samsung phone again and probably not any non-Nexus Android phone on AT&T. Just waiting for next month so I can dump this phone that had been all sorts of trouble for me and get either Nexus 6 or iPhone 6 Plus. And if I get Nexus 6, I'm immediately removing the carrier customizations.
javadave

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

6 years ago

I got the GPS working well.

• I backed up everything with Samsung Kies.
  • I did a hard reset by booting into recovery and doing the Factory Data reset
  • Booted back up
  • Restored from Kies (I restored the applications, but not the application data)
  • GPS is working. 🙂

Also, my SMS which was having issues is working well now.

And my phone is way, way faster.

Makes me think that a hard reset should be done on every system update.

Get started...

Ask a new question