The Samsung Galaxy S24
Didi19830's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Friday, August 9th, 2019 9:45 PM

Advanced messaging not working

After update this morning my text messages no longer show typing/delivered/read. The advanced messaging is on. I've turned my phone on and off. I've turned it on and off while restarting. Only change was update. And yes my phone is updated. It's a note9 btw.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I'm having the same issue I swear their technical support is a joke. Its a shame. 

• 

1 Message

Has anyone had any luck with a fix for this?  My husband's phone, which is identical to mine, has no issues with creating receiving advanced messages.  My phone does not create or receive any advanced messages even after deleting all of my text messages and restarting my phone.  Really needing some support on this issue.

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

I just chatted with AT&T for this issue with our brand new S20 Ultra phones.  It worked for literally two weeks and then the Advanced Messaging feature, although turned on, stopped working.  The transcription feature on the Visual Voicemail doesn't work either (though that never has).  

Our support person claimed they have Samsung pushing a fix to our phone.  That we should receive the fix within 6 hours and that will correct the issue.  I'll update with whether this actually works.

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

I never received the supposed "push" from Samsung, nor did I receive the follow-up call to validate from AT&T.  Our phones still aren't functioning correctly.

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

AT&T does not know how to fix their (Edited per community guidelines). None of the things in here have worked. (Edited per community guidelines) why would you put on here, make people like it, get used to it then blam. Don't add crap to the phone if it doesn't work. Another stupid thing is a chatbot. Why?????

(edited)

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

So i have a Samsung galaxy s9  edge and i have advance messaging on and it still don't say read typing or delivered 

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I'm having the same issue, but on my note8. My advanced messages stopped working after the update. And now only work on some phones even when I know other people I talk to have theirs enabled. My husband and I have the same phone and the same software and ours are not sharing the typing/delivered/read

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I am having this same issue and my advanced messaging is turned on and its really irritating 

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Why cant Prpeid ATT customers se advance messages? Is there a way that we can add it on with an additional fee?

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

S20 after the update I can't even open my messages, when I click on the messages app it opens to a blank screen and then closes and wants me to send a report, help, help, help.

(edited)

• 

9 Messages

3 years ago

Since last year, it's about every third or fourth update the Adv Messaging comes back, then it gets undone with a follow-up update.  It's extremely frustrating as I never had this issue with Sprint and we have family that doesn't have any issues with Verizon working. AT& T needs to validate their updates don't break basic functions before pushing them to devices.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.