The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4
ACL's profile

• 

2 Messages

Friday, December 9th, 2022 5:27 AM

Activated but still can’t text nor call

I transferred my service from Sprint to AT&T, bought 2 new phones from AT&T and transferred all of my information from old phone to new phones. I couldn’t get them to activate so I went back to where I bought them, they sent me to an AT&T store after 2 hours they finally got them activated but I still do not have service to make calls or text. AT&T said that it could take 48 hrs to find a tower to connect to, please explain why.

ACE - Sage

• 

104K Messages

2 months ago

It sounds like your phone numbers are not ported over. Do your old phones still work?

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

62K Messages

2 months ago

AT&T said that it could take 48 hrs to find a tower to connect to, please explain why.

There is no explanation for that since it’s ridiculous. Now it could take 48 hours for your number to port but 48 hours to find a tower is just plain wrong.

• 

2 Messages

2 months ago

No, my old phone was deactivated when the new phones were activated. I thought the same about ‘finding’ a tower, maybe that is what the young man meant as it was frustrating for him and us trying to get them activated by someone whom we couldn’t understand (language barrier). It’s on hour 32 so we shall see. Thanks for the probable explanation:)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.