Pre-order the new Google Pixel 7, Google Pixel 7 Pro and new Google Pixel Watch - Online Now!
The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4
Chare61's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tue, Nov 5, 2019 10:17 PM

5g note 10+

When will this be available on att , when launched on Verizon in August att said it would available this fall. Any update?

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

23.4K Messages

3年前

Where did att say that ?   

joeldf

ACE - Guru

• 

794 Messages

3年前

Do you actually have the 5G version of the Note 10 Plus?  AT&T doesn't sell it.

All they sell is the regular Note 10 Plus that can get AT&T's fake 5G, called 5GE.

I get 5GE in Baton Rouge, LA, on my S9, and it's... nothing special.  There's only small pockets in only, like, 3 place around town, and speeds, when I get it, are barely passable.

There are places in town where I can get upwards of 150 Mbps on 4G.  But 5GE has never topped 25 Mbps.

So, if it's the 5GE you are expecting to get, don't sweat it.  Only if AT&T enables it in your area will you get it since it's just a version of the existing 4G signal anyway.

Real 5G is in only in parts of about 20 cities right now across the US.  Assuming you are in N. Carolina, it does include parts of Charlotte and Raleigh.  But, you have to be within about a few hundred feet of the nearest transmitter, or you fall back to 4G (or maybe 5GE).

Also, if I'm not mistaken, real 5G is only available to AT&T business customers - for now.

• 

2 Messages

2年前

I got the note 10 plus 5g from att. I live in slc where 5g is popping and I still get the 5ge. I'm not sure why...maybe it will always say 5ge but is working as 5g. 

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.