Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
The epic new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G is available for preorder now!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Tue, Jun 11, 2019 3:33 PM

Where do I find out what my limit for sending MMS is on my plan?

I can send photos and some video via MMS but when I try to send gifs or bitmoji it shows me that the attachment has been removed because it exceeds the size limit. How do I find out what my limit is for sending MMS? Thanks.

Responses

QuarryRye

Master

• 

3.2K Messages

2 years ago

The AT&T mobile broadband network delivers picture, video, or audio messages of up to 1MB:

• Larger media file attachments are compressed before sending to keep the message size below 1MB.
  • The maximum size for sending and receiving picture, video, or audio messages is also dependent upon the recipient's device and the limitations of other carriers' networks (e.g., other carriers may have a lower message size limit than AT&T).

(edited)

**Disclaimer: I don't work for AT&T, have never worked for AT&T, and have never been compensated by them in any way, shape, or form**

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

1 MB?? I've surely sent pics that are larger than that.

QuarryRye

Master

• 

3.2K Messages

2 years ago

@Jetwolf wrote:

1 MB?? I've surely sent pics that are larger than that.

Larger media file attachments are compressed before sending to keep the message size below 1MB.

**Disclaimer: I don't work for AT&T, have never worked for AT&T, and have never been compensated by them in any way, shape, or form**

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

NVM issue fixed I updated the VPN.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

a year ago

I sent an image to a friend who has an iphone on the same carrier. I sent it via textra which performed better than the Andorid messaging app installed natively.

This is what I am sending

377kB image via SMS. The image is a screenshot and its not even one taken with a camera. Resolution size is 1080x2280 at 2.5MP and the recipient gets a pixelized image. In fact, in the txt box, when I click on it, it shows how badly degraded it is. When I save the image and check the details it shows the original size and resolution. What is the issue here?

• 

1 Message

2 months ago

Iphone XS Max here who left Tmobile to AT&T and have the Elite (top plan). Since its the top plan you would think it has the least amount of limitations. I am sending videos under 100MB (I use Investigator app to determine file size) via iMessage on At&t to an iPhone 11 Pro on the Verizon network. Video is horribly pixelated so its definitely compressed via iMessage. Okay, lets use super fast wifi on both ends. That should solve the problem. NOPE. Both ends on 300+Mbps wifi are still sending horribly pixelated videos under 100MB. Alright, well let me try sending from an iPhone 8 to an iPhone XS Max both on At&t network. STILL BLURRY! Ok let me Airdrop between devices. CRYSTAL CLEAR video. AND YES I ensure each of the three iPhones were NOT on low power mode or on Low Quality Image Mode. Called Apple and spoke to 2 different tech support people, neither of them even asked what the size of the videos I was sending. Neither talked about an iMessage file size limit either. All they want to do is reset your network settings a million times, then have you back up your phone so that you completely wipe and erase it, to then restore from backup. Also dont even try using the iCloud share link, that ruins your videos as well. This is a ridiculous problem to have. We pay 1000+ dollars for these phones then a premium price for unlimited data plans only to be limited by the network providers AND manufacturers. What is happening here? 

Get started...

Ask a new question