Unlimited Data for $50/mo.
MarkLeavenworth's profile

Mentor

• 

71 Messages

Thu, Jul 26, 2018 6:30 PM

Visual Voicemail Free

Why are the experts on here saying that Visual Voicemail does not come with prepaid plans? It does come with prepaid plans and is even free for plans with no data. Otherwise, we would just use GoogleVoice to get notifications over wifi.

Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

15.8K Messages

3 y ago

@MarkLeavenworth wrote:

@Gary L Nobody at Apple or ATT expects any customer to buy or use anything that they don't want to buy or use.

They don't care if you use it as long as you buy it. BUT if you buy it, they'll expect that you use it with data and not cripple it 😉

Mentor

• 

71 Messages

3 y ago

Any modern computer is, almost by definition, 'crippled' in that sense. How many Apps do you use on a regular basis? The device is customized and configured per user. That's why there are settings for wifi, for location services, for anything and everything including...that's right...data.

ACE - Sage

• 

92.2K Messages

3 y ago

Mentor

• 

71 Messages

3 y ago

Challenge accepted...

ACE - Sage

• 

92.2K Messages

3 y ago

Wait, wait wait....   🥤🍿

go!   

Mentor

• 

71 Messages

3 y ago

@lizdance40 wrote: "Tell this guy he’s asking too much..."

You did it. See, that wasn't so difficult.

ACE - Sage

• 

92.2K Messages

3 y ago

You assume he will concede any points made.  He does not.  

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

3 y ago

Tech told me that for att visual voice mail only works when you buy your phone from att.

ACE - Sage

• 

92.2K Messages

3 y ago

@texasboye wrote:

Tech told me that for att visual voice mail only works when you buy your phone from att.

Not exactly true.  If you have prepaid service and android VVM is not available, doesn’t matter if it’s an ATT phone.

Visual voicemail is available postpaid plans or on iPhones on either post or prepaid.  (VVM in built into iPhone).  

Non ATT androids may use VVM by downloading the AT&T visual voicemail all from google play and it works just fine.  

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

3 y ago

Stephen : Just to let you know, the Visual Voicemail feature works only with AT&T certified devices (devices bought from AT&T).
Me : your kidding right?
Stephen : This is the reason, I am really sorry! it has to be an AT&T certified device to be able to use the Visual Voicemail/WiFi calling feature.
Stephen : I apologize for any any inconvenience, however this is true only the basic voicemail feature can be used with Non AT&Tdevices.
Me : what should i do?
Me : what is certified?
Me : how is device different?
Stephen : There are certain provisions required to use the Visual Voicemail feature, which are auto provisioned on all the devices bought from AT&T.
Stephen : Devices bought from AT&T are AT&T certified devices.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

3 y ago

The tech did say that he would put in a provision to have it changed.  

What do you suggest I do?  Nice phone iphone 8plus from best buy with prepaid att plan that includes data but  no visual voice mail?

Thanks

Tim

ACE - Sage

• 

92.2K Messages

3 y ago

@texasboye wrote:

The tech did say that he would put in a provision to have it changed.  

What do you suggest I do?  Nice phone iphone 8plus from best buy with prepaid att plan that includes data but  no visual voice mail?

Thanks

Tim

He was wrong.  First of all iphone is iphone is iPhone. (Not a typo)   There is no such thing as an ATT certified iPhone.  That’s bull.   iPhone so,d at Best Buy are universal phones.  They will work as well on any carrier in the US with all services provided on the plan selected.  

Prepaid plans have no HD voice or Wifi calling for ANY phone.  

Iphones have VVM built in and it’s the only phone that DOES get VVM on prepaid.  

You don’t need provisioning, just set up your iPhone.   

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201436

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.