Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Celebrate all that he does with a gift for every kind of dad!
K

• 

1 Message

Fri, Oct 23, 2020 1:45 AM

Transfer number from postpaid to prepaid

I have been trying to transfer my phone number from postpaid account to prepaid account. When I reached out to the customer service, they wanted me to reach out to a store. I have checked with all the stores in my area and they want me to reach out to the customer service.

In my recent interaction with the customer service I was advised to buy a prepaid card and activate it through a store. While at the store they gave a prepaid card for 50$ and wanted to reach out to the AT and T customer care to complete the activation.

I reached out to the customer care representative who signed me up for a 33$/mo 8GB 3mo plan and charged me 52.06$ and informed me that as soon as the prepaid account is activated my number will be removed from the postpaid account.

And they gave me a temporary pin and account number for my prepaid account and helped me create an online account.

Now it looks like my number is still active in the postpaid account and I have been charged for the prepaid account as well(102.06$).

The customer care representatives have given me different answers each time I call them and none were able to confirm the answer given by the other person.

One of the representatives informed me that I will be moved automatically to the prepaid account at the end of the billing cycle.

If this is true, I would like to request a refund for the money I paid for the current month for the prepaid account since I have paid for both postpaid and prepaid account.

If this is not true, I would like to cancel my number from the current post paid account at the end of the current billing cycle and enrolled for the same 33$/mo 8GB 3mo prepaid plan.

If both the options are not possible, I need a full refund for the money I paid for the prepaid plan.

Customer care representatives who spoke over the phone were courteous. But my overall experience was extremely frustrating !!

Responses

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

11.2K Messages

8 m ago

Moving to the wireless forum.

This is a user to user help forum. It is not an AT&T support site. I am not an AT&T employee, read the ACE's disclaimer at the bottom of this post

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

49.8K Messages

8 m ago

This is a customer to customer forum, not customer support. No one here can do any of the things you have requested. Your were told a bunch of baloney. Moving a line from postpaid to prepaid can only be done in an ATT corporate store, not an authorized retailer. 

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

1 Message

2 m ago

Dealing with ATT is a nightmare! I too switched from a postpaid to a prepaid account. Five different visits to an ATT store - NO SATISFACTION!!! I have spoken to no less than 15 people on the phone and have had numerous website visits. NONE of them understand the problem . Frustrating doesn't even touch it. I will be billed $150 on April 11th for the OLD bill. It includes $102 THAT I HAVE ALREADY PAID. They don't get it!

Ask for a refund later. When pigs fly.  I paid for two new phones in full and they are still charging me $6 a month times two. They don't get it. Their employee training has to be nonexistent when they cannot even figure out what the problem is. I am exhausted with the leg work to solve these problems. Take your business somewhere else or you will regret it. Now I have cancelled my Direct TV. They told me to wait on a revised bill. Again, when pigs fly. Corporate greed and ineptitude on full display folks.

Get started...

Ask a new question