Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
missmeganmay's profile

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, December 15th, 2022 6:18 PM

Texting/Calling/Data in Mexico

Hello! I wanted to ask if my ATT prepaid plan covers texting/calling from Mexico to the US, and if my data will work there for maps, apps, etc. I'm on the $30 monthly plan, which states "International Messaging - Unlimited - From U.S. to Mexico, Canada & over 230 countries." However, that seems to imply that I can message from the US to other countries, while from Mexico to the US is not included. I looked into the International Add-on to see if that would work, but Mexico is not listed as a country for that service. So, I don't know if I'll be able to talk/text from Mexico to the US or if I need to add some other kind of service to do so!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

1 year ago

Your $30 prepaid plan does not incude call text and data in Canada and Mexico.

The $30 plan can make calls in and between Canada and Mexico but at pay peruse rates which aren't cheap.

You can send text for free only. 

If this is something you need on an occasional basis, just switch and pay for the $40 plan to cover your trip or your needs. You can switch back to the $30 plan when you no longer need those services.

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

1 year ago

The $30 plan does not include usage in Mexico. You need the $40 plan or higher for Mexico usage to be included. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

1 year ago

If you take a closer look at what is included in your plan versus the other plans you will notice that your plan is the lowest amount of data and does not include calls text or data outside of the USA. I have circled where it shows in the other plans that does include use in Mexico and Canada.

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Awesome, thank you so much! I'll just switch for the month I'm there then!

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

1 year ago

Very welcome!  

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Simply make the switch and pay for the $40 plan to cover your trip or your needs if you only occasionally require this. If you no longer require such services, you can return to the $30 plan.

(edited)

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

We switched from the 30 to 40 per month so my husband can receive calls while in Mexico.  The account appears active but his service is not working.  How do we enable his prepaid account that worked previously?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

1 year ago

We switched from the 30 to 40 per month so my husband can receive calls while in Mexico.  The account appears active but his service is not working. How do we enable his prepaid account that worked previously?

@rangelee17 Did you pay for the $40 plan? When you change plans, the new plan doesn’t start working until you pay for it.

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

Yes, the fee was paid.  I've been looking to see if his sim needs to be reactivated but it appears as if it should just work.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

1 year ago

@rangelee17 Yes, it should just work. There is no sim reactivating. Have you tried rebooting the phone?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.