Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

• 

2 Messages

Sat, Jan 18, 2020 1:44 PM

Simcard out of USA

I have an american bank account and I live in Europe; to receive SMS bank verification code I need an american mobile number.

How can activate an AT&T simcard out of USA?

Responses

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

34.4K Messages

a month ago

You can activate a prepaid SIM card online but it won’t do you any good. Prepaid service does not roam internationally except Canada and Mexico. Prepaid service won’t work in Europe.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

International roaming is not available in prepaid or "pay as you go" plans?

If I buy a simcard in USA and activate in USA can it works?

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

34.4K Messages

“International roaming is not available in prepaid or "pay as you go" plans?” Correct, it is not available.

“If I buy a simcard in USA and activate in USA can it works?” It will work in the USA, yes, but not in Europe.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.