AT&T Community Forums
Y

• 

2 Messages

Thu, Oct 22, 2020 10:30 PM

Qs: $25/month 8GB 12-month Prepaid Plan

Good evening!

I just had a few questions about the prepaid plan:

1) After the 360 days, will I be able to somehow renew the plan and keep my SIM card? Or will I need to get both a new plan and a new SIM card after those 12 months?

2) Is it alright if I leave the country for a few months during the 360-day period - just as long as I pay the $25?

Or would I be violating anything?

(Would I be correct to assume the $25 would still have to go out during those months even if I don't use my phone?)

3) I just got my phone (Galaxy A51) from Amazon, and the descriptions said: GSM unlocked A515F/DS- US + Global 4G LTE International Model.

Would it be safe to assume the SIM card I order online for the 8GB 12-month plan will be compatible with my device?

(I had to order this phone because my other one is apparently locked, so I just want to be sure this one doesn't have any problems haha)

4) Going off of #1, if I wanted to change to some other (AT&T) plan later on, would I still be able to keep my SIM card?

Thank you so much.

I hope you have a wonderful rest of your day!!

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

44.2K Messages

a month ago

1). You will be able to renew the 12 month plan or switch to a different plan or keep the 8GB plan but pay monthly. You will not need a new SIM card.

2). You pay the entire $300 upfront. Your plan automatically renews for 12 months. It does not matter if you leave the US during that time.

3). Sorry, I do not know if that phone is compatible or not.

4). See #1.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

a month ago

Thank you so much!

This has helped me a lot!!

Get started...

Ask a new question