Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
Enjoy 16GB of high-speed data for $25/mo.
R

• 

4 Messages

Thu, Oct 29, 2020 10:10 AM

Prepaid plan------- pause the plan

I'm using the Prepaid plan and i'm not in US right now. Can i pause my plan for several months?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

59.9K Messages

2 y مضت

No, you can not pause your plan for several months. A prepaid account is automatically closed if the account balance is $0 for more than 60 days. What you can do is change to a pay per use plan so you aren’t charged and refill your account sufficiently to keep it open until you return. A $100 refill is good for a year. That $100 will still be there to use when you return.

Former Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

2 y مضت

DO NOT CLICK THIS LINK! This does not have anything to do with AT&T.

• 

4 Messages

2 y مضت

Thanks, that is really helpful

• 

1 Message

2 y مضت

i need my account to stay suspended until i get back in the us. maybe the 1st of jan. 2021. i paid my bill up and would like to know how to keep it suspended or cancel it all together. i'm a merchant marine, any suggestions on this matter would be great.

(edited)

• 

1 Message

2 y مضت

I am trying to find out how to suspend my account.  I am in Australia and had  paid the $100 to keep my number.  I will not be coming back to the US for some time due to Covid.  What do I do?  My payment is up in a couple of days. It has been hard to find where to post.

(edited)

• 

1 Message

2 y مضت

I followed sandblaster's instructions (change to a pay-per-use plan and put $100 on the account) that a At&T customer support representative just confirmed is supposed to work.

I put more than $100 on my account in the beginning of April. When I recently tried to login, it said that my account got closed. The aforementioned customer support representative told me that there's no way for AT&T to re-activate my account meaning that I lost more than $100. 

The worst thing though is that she also mentioned that other people even lost $200 or more which is outrageous.

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.