Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
The epic new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G is available for preorder now!
A

• 

2 Messages

Thu, Nov 26, 2020 1:24 PM

Prepaid plan out of country

Hi All,

I am travelling to Brazil and originally have a prepaid plan on my phone. I would like to know whether I am available to use my phone here since sometimes I need to receive some authentication texts, and also I would like to cancel AutoPay but I am not being successful to login at the proper page. I tried to contact local AT&T agencies but had no response from them.

Best,

Andre

Responses

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

46.1K Messages

2 months ago

No, prepaid does not roam internationally except Canada, Mexico and select European countries. Prepaid service will not work in Brazil. As for autopay, this forum is not customer support, no one here has access to your account. If you can’t access your account to disable autopay yourself, your options are to call or cancel the card used for autopay.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

2 months ago

Thank you for your answer. Is there any other option that I could have my phone working here at least for texts?

Also, regarding the AutoPay, I am calling the three local offices and their lines seem to be not working. I found them on the actual AT&T website. Do you know any other way I could contact them?

Andre

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

46.1K Messages

2 months ago

Is there any other option that I could have my phone working here at least for texts?

If you have WiFi calling activated, WiFi calling might work from Brazil. As for who to call, you do not call local offices or stores. You should call 611 or the prepaid support800 number or the prepaid international support number if you are already out of the US.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question