Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

Thu, Feb 20, 2020 1:33 AM

Prepaid plan for ATT ZTE cellphone

I have a ZTE Maven 2 I bought used from ATT online. I have no service on the phone and want to add a prepaid/pay-as-you-go plan for phone and text service. What do I need to do that? Can I buy minutes that don't expire or is it all monthly now?

Responses

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

72.1K Messages

2 months ago

Yes you can use it on prepaid yes you can purchase a pay-per-use plan. Usage DOES Expire.
A refill of 10 to $24 expires in 30 days. Are we full of $25 to $99 expires in 90 days. Refills of $100 or more expire in 365 days. Maximum balance currently is $700

You can pick up a prepaid sim at an AT&T corporate store or other retailers like best buy

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

“Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part” 🆘 Dont expect normal any time soon.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

72.1K Messages

It's old, but it's a prepaid sim.
AT&T dropped its GoPhone name and changed it to AT&T prepaid about two years ago.

You can get a free prepaid SIM card from AT&T. There is no activation charge for prepaid at corporate stores.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

“Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part” 🆘 Dont expect normal any time soon.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
mobilemax

Employee

• 

796 Messages

2 months ago

Hello,

Navigate to att.com/prepaid to order a sim for prepaid or go by a local store to get it setup same day. Generally a $15 activate fee at store, plus he cost of the plan you pick out.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

Hello. I went to the page and either its too confusing or ATT doesnt have a pay as u go plan I like. Thanx for the reply.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

72.1K Messages

AT&T has two pay per use options. A $2 per day, which only charges when you use your phone. Or a $0.25 per minute or text plan which also only charges you when you use your phone.

If your refill with $25 the average cost is $8.33 per month.

When you sign up online with a smartphone, you have to select a monthly plan with data, you can change to a pay-per-use plan before you pay.

At that time you can select one of the pay-per-use plans (which does not have data) for a smartphone.

(edited)

AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…