Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
rodrigofb's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, September 7th, 2018 10:45 PM

Prepaid Plan Change and AutoPay Issues

I moved to the U.S. 2 weeks ago and contracted a prepaid plan of $50,00/month, which becomes $40/month with AutoPay. Such a plan provided 8GB of data. However, after two weeks, as I don't have WiFi at home, such 8GB of data were already over. I then decided to change my prepaid plan to the Unlimited Plus Monthly Plan. That's when my nightmare began.

First of all, I thought that if I upgraded my plan, AT&T would only charge me the difference between the price of the previous 8GB plan and the price of the new Unlimited Plus Monthly Plan. But it seems that I was wrong, even that being quite unfair.

Second, when I changed the plan, the AutoPay system did not work and I was forced to pay the full price of the Unlimited Plus Monthly Plan, which is $85,00, instead of $75,00 with AutoPay, otherwise, as I had already agreed to change the plan when the system required the full payment, I would not be able to make or receive calls or use the Internet on my mobile anymore.

I am extremely disappointed with AT&T and with the whole situation and would like to know whether it is possible to receive any kind of refund.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

This is how all prepaid works.  You’re basically paying for an amount of data.  When it’s used up, you either buy more data, or change to another plan with more data - which you did.

I happen to know ATT prepaid includes this information in section 4 of its informations, which was included with your SIM card or phone.    It happens with any carrier.  

You can call ATT about the Auto pay not working correctly and not getting $10 credit

6ACFCE5A-CC61-41FA-88E1-7F7588D8F290.jpeg

1 Attachment

ACE - Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

6 years ago

Read all the fine print when you deal with any telco !! Smiley IndifferentRobot Indifferent 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.