Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

• 

1 Message

Fri, Jan 10, 2020 4:19 AM

Prepaid card for less than two months

I’m in the military and I’m in an area that my current carrier doesn’t get service. I have coworkers that are coming to the training site next month and I want them to bring me a prepaid SIM card that I can use until I get back home. Is this possible? And how will she go about doing this for me? I’ve swapped SIM cards before from when I was stationed overseas and would travel back home, so I have experience with how to swap it out.

Responses

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

34.5K Messages

2 months ago

Sure, it’s possible, presuming the training area is in the US. All your coworker need do is purchase a prepaid SIM card. Once you get the SIM card, you can activate it online. At activation, it is assigned a phone number. Once activated, you select and pay for a plan. Just realize if your current carrier is one of the major carriers and they have no coverage, ATT prepaid may not be any better. Also, if you’re phone is locked to your current carrier, it would need to be unlocked to work on ATT.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.