Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
condor5's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, March 20th, 2018 7:24 AM

Porting prepaid ATT number

I have an ATT "25 ¢ a Minute Plan" 

prepaid phone number. I want to use it while traveling out of the US. Can I port that number to MagicJack service? If yes where I can find my account number?

Thank you

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

6 years ago

Your prepaid account number can only be found by calling AT&T (611 from your phone).

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

You can change your number within your online account.  

That capability is postpaid only, not prepaid. Prepaid must call to change their number.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

@condor5   You can port your number to another carrier.  It would not be valid in Europe.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Is there any other way to get my number changed other then calling 611 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Is there any other way to get my number changed other then calling 611 or going in the store

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

5 years ago

You can change your number within your online account.  

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

When I insert a PREPAID SIM Card in my phone and dial 611 I am connected to MetroPCS and Not to AT&T. 

How can I get this problem resolved?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

4 years ago

@NWIN If you are getting MetroPCS when you call 611, you must have a MetroPCS SIM card.

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

No Sir, Sandblaster,

When I insert the AT&T PREPAID Sim Card, I still get directed to the MetroPCS site when I dial 611. I have been working relentlessly the the AT&T technicians. There is some sort of a glitch they are unable to resolve in getting the  port completed to AT&T

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Hey @Sandblaster,

One other piece of information I should give you. The guys at AT&T just cannot complete one last step in their port procedure. When they complete their procedure they are supposed to send me a text message to the number we are attempting to port. On 2 other attempts that step bombs. They are not able to send me a text message to my phone, no matter what SIM I insert in the phone. I have ZERO knowledge of this field so I cannot make any informed guesses as to what might be happening here and how to find a solution.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.