Unlimited Data for $50/mo.
G

• 

2 Messages

Mon, Dec 7, 2020 11:11 PM

on a bad plan without realising - check the plans because they change!

I've been on a $50/mo plan for a while, and decided I should change to a cheaper plan because I don't use as much data. I got the 2 day warning text, so logged on to change my plan only to find that next month's money had already been paid. Fine, I'll wait another month. 

I've changed my plan this time 10 days before renewal, but when I was looking through the plans and I was dismayed to find a $40/mo plan with more data than the $50/mo I was currently on. When I switched to a $30/mo plan, I saw that the $50/mo plan doesn't even exist any more. I'm really annoyed that AT&T didn't say anything (but of course, why would they?)

I called to complain but I can't even find the option to speak to a human when I phone 611. It's so annoying. 

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

55.5K Messages

1 y ago

I got the 2 day warning text, so logged on to change my plan only to find that next month's money had already been paid. Fine, I'll wait another month.

You didn’t need to wait another month. Your autopay may have already taken payment but until your plan actually expires, that payment does not get used. You could have switched, the payment already made would have been used for the new plan. Yes, they change plans all the time with no warning or notice. You do have to check yourself periodically. There are still customers on the 6GB plan that existed before the 8GB plan you just had.

(edited)

• 

2 Messages

1 y ago

But doesn't leftover money in your account expire?

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

55.5K Messages

1 y ago

Eventually but in your case, it wouldn’t have mattered. You had the the $50 plan on autopay, right? With the autopay discount, you paid $40. A $40 refill is good for 90 days. The $10 left over after paying for the $30 plan would still be there to use next month when you renew.

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.